Well it's true :-)

Read this somewhere...

The IRS rebate checks will soon be in the mail. The administration wants you to stimulate the US economy by cashing the check and spending it. Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer, the money will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a car, the money will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan.

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

Most of it completey false and racist.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

It is a bit on the racist side; however, it is true nothing in America is made in America anymore.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

If we purchase a computer, the money will go to India.
    goes to china in that case.

in addition, such concepts are really stupid. only people who think of the economy like it was something resembling their father's wallet can believe in such stuff. ie 'keep the money in the house'.

the reality is, if you dont export, you cant get wealth. and, the other countries arent stupid, noone lets you export without importing, creating a deficit on their trade balance. so you have to export, and import. healthy balance matters.

the downside is most of u.s. exports are done by big buck corporations, who in turn amass the cash and keep it in swiss banks. and the 'jobs' they provide are always very little compared to the volume of trade they generate. this is u.s.'s problem.

It is racist, most of those countries get the work because of greedy Americans anyway...

- Why do China make so much? American companies think its cheaper to make it there.

- Why do you buy Japanese cars? American car manufactures never developed their products around a changing market.

- Gasoline doesn't all go to the Arabs I'm afraid. You have your own oil, you use north sea oil, you use oil in the middle east and a lot of fuel from the Russian area.

- Fruit and Veg is also cheaper to make in these countries, so blame the American public and the American organisations for trying to get everything on the cheap.

You also need to remember the amount of money your country earns on tax from these products and the amount of jobs these products create for the country.

Spend it drinkin' a good ol' always fresh always cold american beer in your local drinking hole.

Also, for most of these options - there's american options.

I shop at whole foods. All their produce is locally grown.

There's plenty of American made items in the US, clothing? buy some American Apparel..Sweat shop free..made in LA.

Cars? Anything UAW Made.

Alas, Do you know why yardsales happen? So people can replace junk with stuff they need/want..

I do agree that the reason so much is made overseas is because everyone wants cheap, and companies want this thing called profit..only way to profit off of selling items low dollar is to outsource to another country.
    Last edited by snickn; 05-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.

from what i know, producers, manufacturers overprice their goods grossly in america also.

the downside is most of u.s. exports are done by big buck corporations, who in turn amass the cash and keep it in swiss banks. and the 'jobs' they provide are always very little compared to the volume of trade they generate. this is u.s.'s problem.
    97% of exporters in the United States are small and medium sized businesses (as of 2004)

Larger corporations are on the stock market, which means that the better they run the more equity shareholders have, resulting in an increase of wealth for shareholders (this includes pension plans, 401ks, individual investors etc.)

The amount of jobs that they provide (specially SMB) is quite large in the US economy.

I shop at whole foods. All their produce is locally grown.
    Not all of their produce is locally grown. Less than 10% probably is. If you want locally grown produce then go to a farmer's market.

Rascism implies hatred. There is no hatred in that quote since it has no hatred, but plenty of truth. It's true you cant get some of this "Made in America" but that choice is continually dwindeling. But these days, "Made in America" doesnt really mean that, it means "Assembled in America" not "Manufactured in America".

I can remember when I was a direct part of that. When I was a farmer, mostly cotton, we sold direct to Levi. They had local locations such as Littlefield Texas where they turn the cotton to fabric. That fabric was put into large rolls and sent to other locations in the U.S. to be made into jeans. That was in the late 80's. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Even back then there were cases where cotton bails were shipped over seas, made into fabric, then clothing, then sent back and sold in American stores. I just cant see how that is cheaper than the way Levi did it..... I think stuff like this is a bit less about cost, and more about some of our silly government regulations and restrictions. Anyone know about those?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Most of it completey false and racist.
    False i can understand but you need to explain why you think its racist.

All i can see are a bunch of generality's that as you say bear no relation to where the money actually goes but nothing overtly racist.

And we wonder what they teach in school these days... evidently they dont teach the meaning of words anymore. In that case, I will do your teacher's job for you and teach people what rasicism means...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racist
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
    Now, as an example, saying that when you buy gas that your money is going to the Arabs, that is not racist. Arab is a proper name, not a hatred name such as.. well, will avoid that one, but here's the definition for Arab.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Arab
    1. a member of a Semitic people inhabiting Arabia and other countries of the Middle East.
    2. a member of any Arabic-speaking people.
    Since the Arabs produce much of the world's oil, which from gasoline is produced, and you dont have much say in where your gas comes from.... it's highly likely the gas you put in your tank comes in part from Arab Nations. So saying that when you buy gas, your money is going to the Arabs is in no way racist. It is in fact the truth, and a proper way to state it.

You can apply the same to any other text in that quote. For those who say any of that quote is racist, please go have your English teacher fired for not teaching you properly.

And bear, I would expect a leader to know the definition of english words, wouldnt you? It's not false, simply not true 100% of the time. But that's ok, you now know the actual definition of racism, you have been taught by me where your old English teacher failed to do so

I'm not sure "racist" is the correct term to be used here..

It's more stereotypical than racism.
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}

The above statements are ignorant, stereotypical generalizations / over simplifications that do nothing but foster and encourage intolerant thinking. And furthermore, these simplistic statements really have no relevance on the discussion of "How to best improve the economy".
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    And we wonder what they teach in school these days... evidently they dont teach the meaning of words anymore. In that case, I will do your teacher's job for you and teach people what rasicism means...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racist

Now, as an example, saying that when you buy gas that your money is going to the Arabs, that is not racist. Arab is a proper name, not a hatred name such as.. well, will avoid that one, but here's the definition for Arab.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Arab

Since the Arabs produce much of the world's oil, which from gasoline is produced, and you dont have much say in where your gas comes from.... it's highly likely the gas you put in your tank comes in part from Arab Nations. So saying that when you buy gas, your money is going to the Arabs is in no way racist. It is in fact the truth, and a proper way to state it.

You can apply the same to any other text in that quote. For those who say any of that quote is racist, please go have your English teacher fired for not teaching you properly.

And bear, I would expect a leader to know the definition of english words, wouldnt you? It's not false, simply not true 100% of the time. But that's ok, you now know the actual definition of racism, you have been taught by me where your old English teacher failed to do so
    Posting a document that wishes to remove the services of a different nation based on the fact that they are outsiders is racism my friend, that creates a barrier between nations and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    I would expect a leader to know the definition of english words, wouldnt you? It's not false, simply not true 100% of the time.
    Hmm...and I would expect members not to edit quotes from someone else to make it look like they posted something they didn't, even in jest, eh?

When I was growing up, back in the dark ages, if I were to say that "all Arabs are responsible for high oil prices", I'd be hoisted up the flagpole as a racist. Times have changed, apparently, and instead of going by what I've been taught, and accused of, I should instead use the dictionary definition.
    Never too late to relearn, so, I stand corrected...however...it could be loosely considered bigotry.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!