Warning: CheapVPS.co.uk suspend me

I purchased a second VPS with cheapvps.co.uk for £31.73 (including managed service). I bought the 2nd vps, because my first one crashed for some reason.

After 7 days of misconfigured 2 vps systems I asked for a complete and full working VPS or a refund and they suspend me on all 2 systems without getting a refund.

That is not nice.

Edit: I got a refund, today but only 11.73 of 31.73, because DirectAdmin will be cost now $20 instead of $10, if it is an refund issue.

One really bad part of the TOS, if you want to get a refund (Note, that they it will cost you only 5 pounds, while purchase a VPS, but they double the pricing, if you ask for a refund!):

The 7 day money back is offered on all managed and semi-managed VPS accounts. The money back does not cover unmanaged VPS. Control panel fees will not be refunded. cPanel and DirectAdmin are valued at $20/mo with a $20 setup. RVSkins and Fantastico are counted as control panels and have an associated cost of $2 each should they be active on your account.
    Last edited by vpsfan; 05-24-2008 at 01:28 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

At no point was your server suspended you had an issue with DirectAdmin on one of your servers and we asked do you want a re-install which we then did and sent you the welcome email more than once but you claim to not of recieved it so you then asked for a refund

We initally refused to give you as you were a client for more than 7 days so we agreed to refunded you the fee excluding directadmin as you threatened with posting bad reviews etc even though you were in the wrong. So out of good faith we refunded exactly what you were owed which was £10 for the setup and £10 for the install and yet you still feel that its ok to go back on your word.

When you signed up you agreed to the TOS and its quite clearly document the refund policy on DirectAdmin and cPanel but I'm sure you read it when you ordered.
    Last edited by Russ Foster; 05-24-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
      0 Not allowed!

Always two sides to every story.

Another case of somebody trying to drag a name through the dirt as a threat tactic. Remember, posting on WHT in regards to your issues will not fix them if you're in the wrong, and furthermore, will help alert other hosts to avoid you in future dealings.

Just my two cents.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca
      0 Not allowed!

@a2b2: You have only refund a little bit of the costs I had, after I contact paypal today. WOW. That's great.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vpsfan View Post
    You have only refund a little bit of the costs I had, after I contact paypal today. WOW. That's great.
    Yes and Paypal agreed that we didn't have to refund you anything as we won the Paypal dispute and we said it would take upto 48 business hours to refund the payment and you have us 24 working hours. Again we've done exactly what we said and I've taken time out of my weekend to fix this and given you a partial refund, which you aren't entitled to as you have been a customer for more than 6 weeks, which is a little more than the 7 days our TOS grants a refund under
    Last edited by Russ Foster; 05-24-2008 at 01:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    ...you have been a customer for more than 6 weeks, which is a little more than the 7 days our TOS grants a refund under
    I purchased the first vps on 7th march, it seems more than 6 weeks. My 2nd order on 17th may was a new separated order including management you offered me. For a little time I had 2 servers from your company. I only canceled the first one and ask for a refund for the 2nd one on 21th may, due to no setup for 4 days and after setup it was misconfigured, so I can't use it.
      0 Not allowed!

I purchased the first vps on 7th march, it seems more than 6 weeks. My 2nd order on 17th may was a new separated order including management you offered me. For a little time I had 2 servers from your company. I only canceled the first one and ask for a refund for the 2nd one on 21th may, due to no setup for 4 days and after setup it was misconfigured, so I can't use it.
    Sorry yes it would be 10 weeks, so it makes your claim for a refund even a bit more extreme. Also it all comes under the same contract as its all on the same billing account. Our records show that it was setup and commissioned and that it had one issue with dovecot that a reinstall was governed to be the quickest way to fix. At this point you then asked for a refund and we get back to square one
      0 Not allowed!

...and that it had one issue with dovecot that a reinstall was governed to be the quickest way to fix...
    Don't forget the server setup delay of 4 days. Don't forget the misconfigured squirremail, php was not installed and httpd was off. I only asked for a full working vps as I requested, but I get exactly the opposite of it.

All services at the first vps was pretty good. If somebody search for an unmanaged server, than I could recommend you, but not if somebody search for an managed solution.
    Last edited by vpsfan; 05-24-2008 at 02:13 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't forget the server setup delay of 4 days. Don't forget the misconfigured squirremail, php was not installed and httpd was off. I only asked for a full working vps as I requested, but I get exactly the opposite of it.
    Yes and all those were fixed for you when bought to our attention.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes and all those were fixed for you when bought to our attention.
    This is not true. I asked for a refund, because there was no fixing after 6 days.
      0 Not allowed!

This is not true. I asked for a refund, because there was no fixing after 6 days.
    They were fixed with the final reload which was done overnight but you asked for a refund first thing even though we told you that DirectAdmin was installed. I really have nothing further to add to this as it appears you don't understand what you purchased and we have refunded more than you are entitled to
      0 Not allowed!

As far as I remember, you only get 48 hours of management with the vps, after that, you're on your own. I highly doubt they let your VPS sit unfixed.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca
      0 Not allowed!

The customer paid to upgrade to basic management which we delivered
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    As far as I remember, you only get 48 hours of management with the vps, after that, you're on your own. I highly doubt they let your VPS sit unfixed.
    No, I paid 27 pounds (total including managed service for 10 and directadmin for 5 pounds) instead of 17 pounds. I paid 10 pounds to get mananaged plan. They offered me the managed service for a fee of 10 pounds via email, after I asked for a second server with some pre installed modules and extensions. I agreed to that offer. Including tax it is 31.73 pounds.
      0 Not allowed!

The customer paid to upgrade to basic management which we delivered
    Via email you said full management with all stuff I need!
    But I got a misconfigured server. So in my opinion the unmanaged server was better than the managed one.
      0 Not allowed!

I understand not refunding for the Control Panels, as they paid a full month for it.
      0 Not allowed!

Red face

No, I paid 27 pounds (total including managed service for 10 and directadmin for 5 pounds) instead of 17 pounds. I paid 10 pounds to get mananaged plan. They offered me the managed service for a fee of 10 pounds via email, after I asked for a second server with some pre installed modules and extensions. I agreed to that offer. Including tax it is 31.73 pounds.
    You are making things complicated. Just take your refund and move to a new host if you aren't satisfied with their service.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sinohosting View Post
    You are making things complicated. Just take your refund and move to a new host if you aren't satisfied with their service.
    Thats a good idea.
      0 Not allowed!

vpsfan BTW how many times will you move on, a little patience and you would have been settled with one of the best VPS provider that is a2b2/cheapvps.co.uk.

I have got few VPS from them not for a month or two but for years. Misconfigurations, errors do happen and can happen with any provider, what will you do then, keeping on moving is not going to take you any where.

And then you asked for a cancellation/refund, which you got even though you were not entitled as per their TOS to which you agreed at the time of ordering, and now you are saying you got suspended.

To get refund you used threat tactics and now you are here in public to defame them, even though you got your refund, whereas as far as I know from my longterm experience with them, money is not a big issue with them.

I will suggest you to have some patience and a good attitude towards your service providers, it will help you in the long run.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence
      0 Not allowed!

Bro just forget it... I woudn't either thing A2b2 can do such a thing by purpose.
      0 Not allowed!

Thats a good idea.
    Indeed!
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!