USA Unmetered Server

Hi,

I've currently got around 10 dedicated servers for the MMORPG we run, 3 of which act as patch distribution servers / download servers.

The patch distribution servers are fairly low spec (Single CPU, 1-2GB RAM, 250GB HDD), but connect through a 100MB unmetered port - all of these are currently in the EU.

I'm now looking at a USA patch server, but not sure where to look. The only provider that springs to mind is FDC Servers but not sure how good they are these days. I don't mind if the provider is on the East or West coast (or even Central), but they must provide 100MBps unmetered (shared is fine).

Currently paying around $100-$200 for each other patch server, so would ask that $200-250 is the limit.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

How much of that 100Mbps line do you actually use? Even on a shared line, some providers will still limit the amount of bandwidth you can push for a given amount of time.
    BGP GRID
    UNetLab Network Simulator Hosting
    Prepare for your CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications today!

The three patch servers use 4-10TB/mo each.

Thats between 10 and 30mbps... What ever you do find is going to be highly oversold and will most likely have a cap or some other method of controlling you or terminating you for being 'abusive'

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Thats between 10 and 30mbps... What ever you do find is going to be highly oversold and will most likely have a cap or some other method of controlling you or terminating you for being 'abusive'
    Does it differ than much between EU and USA unmetered hosts? We've had no problems pushing said bandwidth with our EU servers (we've had them quite a number of months).

I think I may give Pooled.net a go. I'll do some searches for reviews.
    Last edited by OpticalGaming; 05-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Worst case you might have to look at biting the bullet and going with a service that caps your bandwidth. One thing I will add, is you have to be able to fund for such a move with your business model. Hosting in the US isn't that simple anymore. Maybe look at the great white north for hosting as well?
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Worst case you might have to look at biting the bullet and going with a service that caps your bandwidth. One thing I will add, is you have to be able to fund for such a move with your business model. Hosting in the US isn't that simple anymore. Maybe look at the great white north for hosting as well?
    Well, it's only the patch servers which aren't in the US. Our other ones are hosted in Dallas, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticalGaming View Post
    Well, it's only the patch servers which aren't in the US. Our other ones are hosted in Dallas, Texas.
    At that point, why not pick up the phone and give them a call? You could always see if they'll cut you a deal on something to fit your needs.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

I personally suggest FDC, they look perfect for what you're looking for. And chicago is in my mind a perfect location.
    GetCloudHosting.com - Looking for HOT deals on cloud hosting services? We post 5 of the hottest deals every day! -> Click Here <-

You can find 100mbps shared with 4-8TB/Mo on average.
    Be sure to contact companies,prior to your order,so to let them know about your activities.They may be able to setup you something custom.
    Regards

Decided to give FDC a go. Ordered about 24 hours ago but still not heard anything (they said they would phone for phone verification first, but nothing yet). Whether they work on Weekends or not is something I don't know (and can't find on their website) so I'll just have to sit tight a little longer

Sales are not always fast and I think that they don't work during weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticalGaming View Post
    Decided to give FDC a go. Ordered about 24 hours ago but still not heard anything (they said they would phone for phone verification first, but nothing yet). Whether they work on Weekends or not is something I don't know (and can't find on their website) so I'll just have to sit tight a little longer
    PM me your order number and I`ll take a look at the status
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations