Need Reseller Recommendation

Hi All,
    It's time to change my hosting provider and I'm looking for a provider with staying power. Customer service and excellent communication is a plus, and of course a company with staying power.

One thing I definitely need is SSH access as I'm a developer and this helps tremendously with coding. I'm not going to say I want 50Gb of disk space and 1Tb transfer for $5/month, but I don't want to get snowed either. Looking for a good deal with a great company that'll suit my needs.

Thanks All!

Have you checked the offers section here? Also, you may have a hard time finding a host that will allow SSH on a shared server, perhaps you'll get jailed SSH though but if you went with a VPS, you would have much more flexability.

Thanks for your inputs. I've looked at the offers section, but I would rather choose a reliable hosting company with a good reputation than a cheap fly-by-night company.
    InnoHosting seems to be a good choice; I'm still looking though. It seems Host9 is out of the running due to their latest reviews.

What is your current hosting provider name and why you want to leave from them? Also did you try to read the reviews on WHT? You can find a lot of reliable hosting providers by reading them.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

SSH can generally be provided but some hosts simply dont allow it.
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

I've read the reviews and like InnoHosting and Crucial paradigm. I sent a question to IH 2 days ago and still have not received a response. I guess they don't work weekends. :\

Their sales team doesnt do weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    What is your current hosting provider name and why you want to leave from them? Also did you try to read the reviews on WHT? You can find a lot of reliable hosting providers by reading them.
    My current provider is Voxtreme. The reason I'm leaving is the new owners, in my opinion, have done a terrible job with communication and have removed services I want. When I was looking for a reseller, it was down to HTTPme and Voxtreme. I chose Voxtreme because they offered SSH access - I'm an IT consultant and need shell access for general work. I do not find using a web page to upload/download or script a workable solution. Not only did Vox remove SSH access, they did not bother to notify anyone. I'm not that big on reselling (I have a few accounts), but really use my account for development so when this service is removed, it really irks me.

In the past, I even bit the bullet and stayed longer based on loyalty even though I could get a cheaper account elsewhere, but this is the last straw for me. Why pay 2-3x the amount for services I don't have with a company who do not have the courtesy to notify their clients of major changes?

Maybe they have a nice business plan, but whatever it is, it's not for me. They can call it growing pains, but they need to realize that the former Vox customers who stuck around deserve a lot better treatment. I won't say they're a bad company, but some things have to be greatly improved. I wish them the best of luck and hope they are able to take care of their remaining customer.

Quote Originally Posted by w1ww View Post
    Their sales team doesnt do weekends.
    I just tried to sign up for an account and that payment page is confusing. After asking for a CCV #, it asks for Issue Number and Start Date. It would be nice if someone told us what that meant.

Quote Originally Posted by melaju View Post
    My current provider is Voxtreme. The reason I'm leaving is the new owners, in my opinion, have done a terrible job with communication and have removed services I want. When I was looking for a reseller, it was down to HTTPme and Voxtreme. I chose Voxtreme because they offered SSH access - I'm an IT consultant and need shell access for general work.
    The guy who started HTTPme - Aussie Bob - now runs dotable.com and offers ssh there.

I went with Voxtreme over HTTPme for exactly the same reason and have left for the same reasons

Quote Originally Posted by brookie View Post
    The guy who started HTTPme - Aussie Bob - now runs dotable.com and offers ssh there.

I went with Voxtreme over HTTPme for exactly the same reason and have left for the same reasons
    Just looked at dotable.com and it's pretty much the same as httpme.com. lol

Just looked at dotable.com and it's pretty much the same as httpme.com. lol
    ...except one gives you ssh and the other doesn't

SSH access
    . That might be not offered on the package pages. You need to ask about that web hosting company directly.
    Anyway you need to prove that you will be good guy using SSH
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

looking for a reseller.

On innohosting.. I contacted them not to long ago, asking specifically about SSH support. They said "under no circumstances would SSH access be enabled"...

You may have to try somewhere else..

Quote Originally Posted by nanoplane View Post
    On innohosting.. I contacted them not to long ago, asking specifically about SSH support. They said "under no circumstances would SSH access be enabled"...

You may have to try somewhere else..
    Thanks. I decided to cross the off my list due to the fact that their 24/7 support does not exist. It's been 3 days since I contacted them. Additionally, their sign up page was not working and I'm still waiting to receive a response to the second question I posed. For the most part, I rarely contact the tech support department but it's quite off-putting to know that they can't be reached in 3 days. Some people might say this is Memorial day weekend which could be valid. If that's the case, don't offer a memorial day promo and not have staff on hand to deal with customer requests.

Thanks. I decided to cross the off my list due to the fact that their 24/7 support does not exist. It's been 3 days since I contacted them. Additionally, their sign up page was not working and I'm still waiting to receive a response to the second question I posed. For the most part, I rarely contact the tech support department but it's quite off-putting to know that they can't be reached in 3 days. Some people might say this is Memorial day weekend which could be valid. If that's the case, don't offer a memorial day promo and not have staff on hand to deal with customer requests.
    Sales is open on working days only. Due to the public holiday, this means Sales was closed today, however I did still login and answer open sales questions.

The offer you saw in particular was carried on from last week and was unrelated to any public holidays.

I can assure you we do have 24x7 technical support.
    Our technical support has been online available by ticket support and telephone 24x7. They have been answering tickets each and every hour of the day throughout the whole weekend and is unaffected by any public holidays. Anyone is welcome to test our technical support response times by simply opening a ticket with technical support at any time of the night/day

I'm sorry your experience with our pre-sales you have had with us did not live up to your expectations.

To confirm, we do not offer SSH access.

Good luck and all the best with your search
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I believe ResellerZoom enables SSH upon request.
    We do web hosting on the cloud. And we do it well. | catsnine.com

I've looked at the reviews for ResellerZoom and their service seemed to have declined over the past few months. Where have all the decent hosters gone - LOL?

The odd thing is the big names from a couple years ago are gone. Granted some of the companies mentioned in WHT are older than a couple years, their popularity seems fairly new.

Looking for a hosting company with SSH Access (this is a deal breaker), good reputation, WHMCS, White label, dedicated SSL (nice to have), private nameservers, etc.

I saw some reviews on HostGator but my concern with them is the ads they display on your 404 pages.

I'm not sure if HostGator do the 404 ads on reseller servers - probably best to contact them, but I do know if you add your own '404.shtml' it overwrites theirs.

SSL Certificates (RapidSSL) can be bought for around $20 these days, if you find a host that doesn't include one for free.
    We do web hosting on the cloud. And we do it well. | catsnine.com

Thanks again for your prompt response.

I've decided to go with Host Gator as they provided the best package for the price. Hope this is the start of a long and painless relationship.

Couldn't recommend PremiumReseller enough i've used them numourous times for both Linux and Windows based servers and their staff are friendly and helpful.

I haven't had a single bit of downtime and i've been using them for months. 10/10.
    HydraHost Internet LTD
    Providing 100% uptime for the last 18 months.
    Quality affordable hosting. Hosting the UK and beyond!

Only if PremiumReseller offered WHMCS, they would be more competitive.

Netfirms.com offers two reseller plans.

One plan has 6 sub acocunts the other offers 12 sub acocunts.
    Each sub account is equal to one of their "Advantage" plans even though their website says otherwise.
    Each sub acocunt also gives you 2 free domains for as long as you have them hosted on that account.

I currently have their 12 pack and get 24 free domains and more hard drive and bandwidth then I know what to do with.

They do have access through SSH, though I've never used it.

A couple things that I don't like.
    -The majority of my websites are on blogs which seem to be a little slow loading
    -I need to install Magento ECommerce and they don't have the pdo_mysql extension installed which is needed.

I've been looking for a new provider in the mean time as it's kind of important though I've grown accustom to the high transfer and space.

Also, they have great support reachableusually 24/7 by 1-888-334-3833 (not listed on their website)

I've decided to go with Host Gator as they provided the best package for the price. Hope this is the start of a long and painless relationship.
    Good choice for your needs. I have used them and they sure beat Voxtreme on communication and response to requests (though that wouldn't be difficult ).

Quote Originally Posted by brookie View Post
    Good choice for your needs. I have used them and they sure beat Voxtreme on communication and response to requests (though that wouldn't be difficult ).
    haha - ouch. It's a shock the extent to which Vox declined. You remove services, increase the prices, change DNS and don't tell people. And then they use an excuse like 'we're trying to keep the script kiddies out'.

I don't do much hosting, but use my site for development so I was not always checking on things, but when I decided to really look into the service, I realized it was a waste of money.

And to make matters worse, they actually delete posts from the forum. It's one thing if you're deleting posts because people are swearing or being abusive, but it's another to delete posts because people are complaining about poor service or lack of response to major issues. Good riddance!

Hi melaju..what did u mean the httpme is a pretty much similar with dotable??
    both of them is not good??what is the reason?

Just Search u will find good
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    Good luck

ok i'll see thank spotgater^^

I just tried to sign up for an account and that payment page is confusing. After asking for a CCV #, it asks for Issue Number and Start Date. It would be nice if someone told us what that meant.
    Issue number and Start Date are for European cards only and are not required unless they are actually provided on your card.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/