Selling pre-made templates

I'm strongly considering designing like 10 pre-made web hosting "web 2.0 style" templates to sell for like $50 a pop full coded with sub pages to up to 10 people, say. Has anyone had luck with this kind of operation in the past? I'm really not sure what I'd do in the way of advertising either...

...Hmm
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.

If your designs are good, I don't see a problem with you selling them for $100 - $150 "a pop."

Maybe try designing a few and see how it all works out. If it does not work out well for you, you can just stop. If it does, create a bunch and sell them on the forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaV View Post
    If your designs are good, I don't see a problem with you selling them for $100 - $150 "a pop."

Maybe try designing a few and see how it all works out. If it does not work out well for you, you can just stop. If it does, create a bunch and sell them on the forums here.
    You've misunderstood me - I'm talking non-unique. I already do plenty of uniquely-sold templates and tons of custom work, but I'm talking doing (although a smaller scale) something like templatemonster, of my and a few of my fellow designer's work, $50 a pop, non-unique, etc.
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.

I don't see why this shouldn't work. There are a lot of sites/company's out there that are doing this with success.