Looking for a stable, established, reliable web host.

Hi,

I'm looking for a well established, reliable and stable web host for a few domains.

I'm not really looking for low low cut rate hosting. I'm much more interested in stability and reliability.

I need a package that allows multiple domains, 5GB or more of disk space and 60-80GB per month of transfer.

I don't really follow these boards every week, so I'm not sure who the current darling of this type of hosting is. Anyone have some suggestions?

WHM access for creating domains and a separate cPanel for each domain is a big plus.

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by classics; 05-23-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Hi Steve

Your requirements are very reasonable. But what is your price range and budget? Also if you have a higher budget you might want to consider a semidedicated or virtual dedicated solution to have higher reliability.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I'm currently paying around $240/yr for similar hosting from a company I am really not pleased with. (An old site5 RS-X plan)

I guess I'd like to stay in that price range.

You could find a suitable host with this budget, try itxdesign.com
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

I would suggest upping your budget - with your budget as it is you are likely to find providers similar to yours not only in price, but service as well.

Kind Regards,

Hi Steve,

What kind of projects do you want to host? If you have high traffic websites and a good budget it is probably a good idea to get your own VPS. This will allow you to customize hosting environment. Otherwise I would suggest you only one thing. No to go with overselling web host. This will be the opposite of "stable" and "reliable".
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

My current top 2 picks are hostgator and downtownhost.
    I also have been impressed with cirtex and hostdime.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Looking at your requirements, doesn't look like you need to whip out big bucks for a VPS, if you'd like WHM access I'd recommend getting a reseller account.

Your budget and requirements seem reasonable. Go find a reseller account on offers section.
    Good luck with your search.
    ServMap.com - MapServer GIS hosting
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Hosting by ServWebSolutions

Thanks I will check the offers forum.

By the way, how do I tell if a host has its own equipment or just just a big reseller?

I don't want to leave Site5 only to sign up with someone overselling Site5 service or some other persons service they don't really operate.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    By the way, how do I tell if a host has its own equipment or just just a big reseller?
    Steve
    Simply asking them should do the trick.

you should look at dotable. I believe they run multiple domain shared hosting on cpanel as you are describing...

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Thanks I will check the offers forum.

Keep in mind everyone resells for somebody else.

Cheers

WHM access for creating domains and a separate cPanel for each domain is a big plus.
    You may want to search for a reseller account for this.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

There are heaps of Hosts on the internet today, Some offering Cheap and Affordable Services and others offering slightly dearer but for a better experience.

To me, Sites offering Cheap Services are good but they may lack something. Speed, Service, Customer Service and list could go on. But I am not accusing hosts that sell cheap are really like this but a large majority are.

If it was me searching for a host of course i would be going cheap only cause it would suit me. But it pays too look around and remember you get what you pay for!!!!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Hi Steve,

You could do worse than using a Hostgator reseller account - I have had their "Aluminum" account $24.95 a month for a couple of years now - as said above - depends on your requirements.

Brian