Thread: Shared Hosting

* Shared Hosting

Can anyone recommend me a good provider that is reputable and offers a great service overall for shared hosting?

I'm going to use this account to setup an online store which runs Magento, therefore I need a reliable provider with good uptime and someone who is professional.

I have a $5 - $10 monthly budget for this.

Requirements for Magento: http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

Also, if there are any Magento users around here, what host are you currently using? What about your website's performance, stability and uptime?

Finally, I have done a search and couldn't find anything suitable so please don't leave a message saying "Use the search" because it's blatantly obvious that you just want to leave a reply so I look at your hosting company.

Thanks

I took a look at your requirements and have not seen anything outside the realm of what most Web Hosts usually already have compiled on their servers.

One way to find a host would be to check out the shared servers offers then search their names to ensure that there are little to no negative remarks against them along with positive reviews in this forum. Also be sure to look at how long they have been in business because if they are new they may not have any reveiews for or against.

Also, when you have checked and found some that you are interested in, I would still contact that host first before buying and ensure that they will be able to support those requirements just in case.
    Blue Bell Web Hosting, LLC
    600 W Germantown Pike Suite 400; Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bluebellwebhosting

Only requirement I can see as an issue would be PDO as I've read several complaints of hosts not having PDO and pdo_mysql loaded. You're probably going to need to inquire at each host about them having it.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

The software has "known issues" with Windows, so be sure to stick with a Linux host.
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

I would think something like hostgator or downtownhost would be good choices. I didn't know about the PDO and pdo_mysql so it sounds like a good idea to check into that.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Thanks for the useful info, I'll be sure to take a deeper look now since I know what to look for.

I agree you may want to check hostgator. There are plenty of good reviews about this host if you use a search box on wht.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

I would recommend checking the offers section here on WHT, find a few companies that are within your budget and meet your requirements. Simply after you have compiled a list of few providers, do some research on each of them for feedback and also test their response timings.

Your budget is good, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a reliable provider, best of luck

Not all host are compatible with Magento Commerce.
    Make sure you look for one which is fully compatible with it.

May I know what is your requirements? (eg. space, bandwidth, etc)
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    I would think something like hostgator or downtownhost would be good choices. I didn't know about the PDO and pdo_mysql so it sounds like a good idea to check into that.
    Yes, we do offer pdo and pdo_mysql in all our plans
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore