Adding more SATA drives

Hi.
    I need to catch up with today's technology.
    My computer has 2 SATA jacks.
    Is there a way I can install additional 2 or 4 Sata HDD's?
    Is there such controller card?

If you have a link... please let me know.
    Thank you very much.

Each SATA jack can have one drive attached and yes they do make sata controller cards.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

You can buy a sata raid card for like 15-20 bucks and it allows you to plug in additional sata hdds.
    stefan hinote Freelance Webdesigner
    http://stefanhinote.com

Yup, they go anywhere between $20 and $50 CAN; I've used this one myself, works quite well. They'll let you add anywhere from 1 to 4 SATA ports (haven't seen more except on server-grade RAID cards, but those are quite expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    Yup, they go anywhere between $20 and $50 CAN; I've used this one myself, works quite well. They'll let you add anywhere from 1 to 4 SATA ports (haven't seen more except on server-grade RAID cards, but those are quite expensive).
    I've used the same card. It's quite good.

Also of course, if you're using a generic power supply you'll want to watch your loads, but thats rarely a problem unless you have some other high end hardware like a strong video card in the case
    Ash Slaughter, former Systems Operator for Scratch Telecom
    Oracle Ninja, Linux Admin, Java/JSP Developer, Casual C#/ADO.NET/ASP.NET Monkey, Python Programmer, CCNA.