Which data center is better? (SoftLayer)

I'm going to order a server there, but I was wondering which data center is the best?

My visitors are mainly from US and Europe.

The East Coast one or the one in Dallas.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Yeap that would more close for the audience. But there might be difference in the global network providers. Make sure which ones do they use in both T1 or etc...
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

There is a different mix, the best mix being in Dallas.

Im in the UK and dont have an issue with the boxes being in Dallas. However the east costs download sample, comes down much quicker
    Damien

Central US if latency is an issue (Only if for VOIP, Gaming etc) otherwise it will not make a noticeable difference. Also central US has a lower chance of natural disaster than east or west coast. Even though I hate the tornado risk of Dallas, look at hurricane damage compared to tornado damage, a tornado may be smaller in foot print but is MUCH more destructive, and not very predictable. With a hurricane you have days not minutes to prepare.

Cheers,

Linn
    Linn Boyd

Well said Linn Boyd! You read my mind in what i was thinking!

Dallas is bad for Europe. From the Washington one, excellent connectivity to
    Europe.