medialayer - first impressions

Been using ML for 2-3 days now.

vBulletin's performance is a hell of a lot better compared to my last host (fasthosts.co.uk - which takes 60 seconds to give an error page! )

In addition, litespeed is pretty damn sweet.

Setup took maybe 10-25 minutes from payment.

Only problem I have with it is that SSH is a bit too locked down - wget/etc don't work, and sort of negate the need for me to use SSH in the first place.. (to get and unzip files without having to upload massive things)

-
    f

wget and other binaries work under different names. I'll see if this information can be put into the knowledgebase.

For wget, you'll need to use "mlget" - it works exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    wget and other binaries work under different names. I'll see if this information can be put into the knowledgebase.

For wget, you'll need to use "mlget" - it works exactly the same.
    ah, didn't know that. why would they do that though o_0

Quote Originally Posted by fbyne View Post
    ah, didn't know that. why would they do that though o_0
    Security reasons, so common exploits won't run immediately since the standard binaries won't be valid.

Looks like MediaLayer is on top of their game. Are you happy with DirectAdmin?

Give us an update in a few months based on your experience, I am pretty sure it will remain positive no doubt.

For DirectAdmin, the deletion of files is immediate, without any confirmation screen.

I was initially nervous at first but I realize all it takes is just to double-check, close my eyes and hit the enter key.

But I like the way add-on domains are setup in DirectAdmin. It is so much more intuitive than in cpanel.

PS: I am contrasting the DirectAdmin as used by Medialayer with the cpanel I had used with another provider before settling in with Medialayer.

PPS: I am quite happy with Medialayer.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    Looks like MediaLayer is on top of their game. Are you happy with DirectAdmin?

Give us an update in a few months based on your experience, I am pretty sure it will remain positive no doubt.
    DA is pretty nice compared to either cPanel or crappy custom panels.

Much faster too.

This review has been verified. Thanks!

I'm glad that MediaLayer is working out for you! I've personally only heard good things about them and I'm sure that you'll enjoy your stay with them. Please make sure to post back in a few months and let us know how things are going!

Best of luck.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/