* Neophyte Needs New Web Host Recommendations

Hi, All. I'm new here and a hosting neophyte. I know little enough to get by with what I need to do, but know nothing about the framework to do it. I've had a oouple of small websites and and email domains hosting by web3hosting for at least 5 years without issue. But, they're closing down and I need to find a replacement.

I'm looking at i-dentity, ucwebhost, and iweb based on a list of recommended hosts I found. But, could use your input as it's all making my head spin and I'm not sure how to choose.

We're on the host's windows server right now, and I'm not sure what impact it would have if we switch to Linux (since I've never used Linux.)Our bandwidth is pretty low right now, so I'm looking for a host where we can start on a small account and expand if needed. My wish list includes: unlimited domains and 50+ email accounts, site stats, minimum 10MB email attachment,sitebuilder or similar software, an easy user interface/dashboard and 24/7 phone/email support. A plus would be the ability to have some of my domains on a separate dashboard so I can have someone else manage them. We've been paying about $8/month, but I realize that is low and it might be good to pay for more features/security. Suggestions as to who to go to quickly would be appreciated.

hello

what language is your website developed in ie html/asp/php etc.

also do you use databases if are they mssql or mysql.

this will help us to help you choose if windows or linux is best.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

* response

Great questions:
    Html with a flash intro page

No databases yet, but going forward I'll need to add a couple of databases.

Thanks!

You will be able to host your website with HTML + Flash on Linux as well as Windows Server. Below are the technologies / databases that are available on Linux and Windows OS:

Linux: PHP, MySQL
    Windows: ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL

Regards,
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    You will be able to host your website with HTML + Flash on Linux as well as Windows Server. Below are the technologies / databases that are available on Linux and Windows OS:

Linux: PHP, MySQL
    Windows: ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL
    Right on the money, at this point it depends on what you prefer for control panel and your budget.
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Moving from windows server to Linux surely can affect your websites. You may already have forms using windows technology which will have to be re done.
    RayThemz - All WordPress Themes You Need.
    Ray Creations India - Responsive Mobile Friendly Websites.

If you are just using html, flash and no databases, you can go with unix hosting without issue.
    Eric - DiscountASP.NET : daspblog.com : twitter.com/discountasp
    Cutting Edge Windows Hosting in US and UK
    Best ASP.NET Hosting Service Award Winner 2005-2009: asp.netPRO Magazine

Thanks for the great info so far. Any comments on the following companies or others you recommend I look at:
    i-dentity
    ucwebhost
    iweb