Looking for quality dedicated hosting with management

I have a client that needs to migrate to a new host. He currently is paying $220 for standard hardware (nothing fancy) and would like to stay within the same range.

Since I won't be offering long-term support on this box and he doesn't have the knowledge to manage a box, he needs managed hosting or a management service.

I have experience with The Planet, Rackspace, and Layered Tech. I'm very pleased with all of them, but Rackspace is too much and the other two don't offer server management.

I've browsed the forums for a while, but it's hard to get a good sense of what solution is best for managed hosting. So I ask you, what would you recommend? A specific host that offers hosting for a good price with good quality and management or a host like The Planet/Layered Tech combined with management services like Platinum Server Management?

What kind of requirements do you need, what's the application for? Check out the offers section and post back here if there is anything that is close to any interest. Most companies the are unmanaged also have "management" plans.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Hi Chris,

I believe you'd get better response in "Dedicated Hosting" or even "Managed" section. About the service. Ask your client to define what exactly he/she needs to get managed on the server. Once ready you can ask for quote or to compare offers web hosts post in advertising section. Hope this helps...!
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Take a look to the dedicated servers offers of this forum, Liquidweb is running an special, they offer fully managed services.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Could you also tell us what the specs of the server are?

As you have seen already, some hosts have management included in their packages, others have management as an add-on, so prices can vary a lot there.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Thank you Chris. I'm still getting the hang of the layout of this site.

My client is hosting a WordPress blog that averages about 15k unique visitors daily. His current hardware is fairly spartan with a P4 3.0GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, and 80GB of storage. He's using around 500GB of downstream traffic and 65GB of upstream traffic per month.

I'd like to find a dual-core system with at least 1GB of RAM (2GB if possible), 160GB of storage, 1.5TB of monthly transfer (95% or metered), and cPanel (Fantastico would be nice).

The type of management services he needs are fairly basic. He wants a service that is able to keep his server's security hardened, do updates to his core software/kernel when available, and be available to help with service interruptions.

This is the type of solution that I'm looking for. Thank you to everyone who has helped so far.

Yep, there are a ton of good offers that I can see in the offers section, try to skim over the hosts site also as far as billing poilcy's and stuff go.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

The server shouldn't be more than $150/Mo. (and thats a Quad Core) and I do recommend Platinum Server Management, wish you best of luck.

ComplexDrive, do you have any previous experience with Platinum Server Management ? And does 3rd-party companies act usually as Proactive or Reactive as regarding server security and performance ?
    Thanks.