Server Monitoring Tools/Services

Hi Guys!

Can you please tell me any free server/ services monitoring tools available.

I would prefer third party services rather than installing something on the servers unless its the only option

Thanks

If you mean interms of server uptime there are many monitoring companies who offer free services.

www.siteuptime.com
    www.hyperspin.com

well yea,, im trying to monitor few servers and I like to make sure that if any of the servers or a service goes down, I get instant alert via sms/ email.

thanks for the sites you mentioned .. they seem to do the job ... just wondering if there are any better options.

While it's not a service, nagios (nagios.org) is an excellent tool for monitoring all of your services, but does require some place to run it.

I went out and got a cheap but reliable VPS to run it on. It has a very small footprint, so you could run it on the small VPS's.
    No monkey business.

We've been using www.wormly.com recently and although it's not free, it's well worth the price!

I wish Google comes out with free monitoring, I don't think there is much money into monitoring other services beside web, at least with web monitoring they can make it so you'd have to put up a script on your website.

I use and enjoy monitis. Their tech support has been very helpful, in fact, they even updated one of their software applications at my request.

Cheap: monitis.com
    Free: mon.itor.us

Regards,
    Jerret