Ok, no more games...need a Well Established host ON WHT!

I've been doing so much research on different hosts on here and I hear too many bad stories and then I hear good ones. I'm not going to get ripped...so I want a well established host on this forum or a host someone REPUTABLE on here knows about.

I want probably 800mb+ space and 20+ GB Bnadwith/month.

I can spend around $15/month. But I am not going for anything but a solid host with a real staff and not just some poor speaking scam artist. Too many bad businesses out there.

thanks

There are many reputible hosts here at wht, but it is going be hard to find one in your price range.. Do you know that you actually need that much bandwidth? The thing is alot of times you are going to have to sarifice quanity for quailty or view versa.. Not always but I would say alot of times this is the case..

My suggestion would be ask for opinions from people who have been with thier host atleast a year which will help you cut out most of the "my host is great!! uptime has been 100% all week" or "just signed up with superduperhost and support is great!" type posts..

JT, i 2 in the same boat as u - i narrowed it down to 2 companies (i hope) hostdepot.com and websitesource.com

The reason i picked these 2 is cause as u stated above, no fly by night host companies... however ur price target i think is a bit off for the stability of a company that ur looking for. plan on spending $20 + to start.

whatever u decide please post it and the reason(s)

Good luck,

Blades

Best options you could get is post in the request forums, then do a search on all the Hosts who offer services. See what turns up and make your descion based on feedback from other WHT members.
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Your best bet is not looking in the WHT advertising forums at all . Take sites you frequent and see who they're hosted by, if they're up when you're browsing there's a good chance your site'll be up when you want it too.

If you're intent on a WHT offering search for the member's name and business domain on here and find some non-ad postings. If a community member is active enough on here to advertise you'd think they also post comments that could offer some insight into your future business provider's personality, background knowledge, etc.

Sincerely,

-Matt
    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
    email: mmeier@racknine.com
    web: http://www.racknine.com

The request forums are a joke in my book. Most quality hosting providers do not post there.

Originally posted by Curtis H.
    The request forums are a joke in my book. Most quality hosting providers do not post there.
    And when they do *cough*like me*cough* they always get taken out by the joke hosting companies with ridiculous prices of $25 for 50 or even 60 GB of bandwidth.

Originally posted by Curtis H.
    I agree to an extent, the only reason I suggested posting there is because the rules are kinda vague on saying "such and such is a great host" in other forums unless you are posting a review or replying to one. I for one am reluctant to post my suggestions simply cause I don't wish to get on the mods/admins bad side.
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Dear Matt:

Good evening Matt! Welcome to the web hosting talk!
    I must agree with racknine and curtis. A lot of the hosts that reply in the web hosting request forum are hosts that usually run out of business very quickly. I would suggest you to realistically calculate the amount of bandwidth you need for your website. For a quality web host, a hosting account with 20.0 GB of bandwidth will cost more than your budget.

I hope my advice is helpful to you!
    Take care and have a nice day!

Joseph,

Welcome. I see you've taken the time to copy RackNine's Terms of Service and Acceptable use policy. I'd appreciate if these were removed. Our scheduling information and time taken to create and format these documents were costly and as such they are not publically available for "borrowing".

Sincerely,

-Matt

some of the more "reputible" hosts out there are often some of the more expensive hosts, but for good reasons, they offer great quality and have no needs to lower thier pricings just to attract customers because theyre not desperate.

Dear Matt:

Good evening Matt.
    I must apologize for our AUP and TOS. I do not realize it until you notice me tonight. They were put in by our web designer.
    I will change them immediately.
    Once again, I am very sorry about it Matt.

While you're at it:

http://www.esystal.com/about_whyus.htm#IsNot

I'm flattered you think so highly of our site as to mimic it, however this is disturbing. Many components of this site are copied word-for-word from our own and that's not right.

-Matt

Dear Matt:

Thank you very much Matt.
    As stated earlier, I am not aware of it and I will modify them right now. I do apologize for it Matt.

Should'nt this be in requests forum?
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

Dear Matt:

I have visited your website and I must agree with you, a lot of content on the website are copied word for word from your website. I understand the amount of money and time you have spent creating your page and I will quickly modify my page with new content.

If you have any other notices, please do let me know, I will be glad to remove the content on our site if it is, indeed, copied straight from your website.

Please accept my sincere apology. I am working quickly to remove them as soon as possible.