Starting a reselling account

Hi everyone, I was looking at maybe purchasing a reseller account in the future but for now I wanted to learn more about it and all of its features. So I came here for some help, I was wondering first of all, what are some of the basics someone who is starting in this business know about? Is reselling really the best way to start off?

Well, I recommend you take a look at some of the other posts in this section as they may answer your questions better. You can find a lot of useful information in posts just on the first page. Reselling is a good way to go, especially if you're just starting to get into the business. Start doing some research on VPS vs. Dedicated, Linux vs. Windows backend, etc.
    Good Luck.
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

Like paulorv stated read some other post before you jump into purchasing a reseller account.

How familiar are you with linux, cpanel, plesk, and any other software/os out there? If your brand new, you might want to read some tutorials on the control panels and mess around with one for awhile. I recommend going with a good small provider that can answer your questions 1 on 1 instead of sending you to their kb (knowledge base)

Best of Luck!
    Bobby Samai - Director of Marketing
    www.peakinternet.com 1.800.731.4871 Ext 4968 24/7 Support Center
    PEAK - Out to change the way business is being done since 1992
    Colocation | Dedicated | VPS | Shared | Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by interactcomputers View Post
    Like paulorv stated read some other post before you jump into purchasing a reseller account.

How familiar are you with linux, cpanel, plesk, and any other software/os out there? If your brand new, you might want to read some tutorials on the control panels and mess around with one for awhile. I recommend going with a good small provider that can answer your questions 1 on 1 instead of sending you to their kb (knowledge base)

Best of Luck!
    Hey I never thought of it that way, thanks. Can anyone refer me to some good small providers that would be willing to work with newbies like me answering dumb questions>.<?

Why not try to learn the trade by yourself at first? Everything is on the Internet and in WHT...If you purchase a reseller account it is supposed that you know the basic of hosting since you are supposed to be providing hosting services and providing support to your clients.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more