Thread: Blue Host

* Blue Host

Hi. My company is currently setting up a webpage and was recommended to use Blue Host as the hosting server and domain. Has anyone had experiences with them and if so are they any good? Thanks

you could give them a try but as for me I dont beleive a host when he says that he provides UNLIMITED Hosting Space and
    UNLIMITED File Transfer
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

I had 1 month web hosting from them... all I can tell you is that they are better than HostGator but they're still MAJOR over sellers and if your website will be used they'll throw in the usual used excuse "Your shared account is eating too much resources and we suggest you get a dedicated server to accommodate your needs"...

I had a vbulletin forum with ~100 online members at all times and thats what they told me...

BUT for a company website I think you will not encounter any problems with them.

Good Luck!
    Uptime Monitor - Build client trust by displaying your Uptime Status in a professional and fully personalized manner

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    I had 1 month web hosting from them... all I can tell you is that they are better than HostGator but they're still MAJOR over sellers and if your website will be used they'll throw in the usual used excuse "Your shared account is eating too much resources and we suggest you get a dedicated server to accommodate your needs"...

I had a vbulletin forum with ~100 online members at all times and thats what they told me...

BUT for a company website I think you will not encounter any problems with them.

Good Luck!
    They weren't wrong, well, maybe a VPS.. 100 Online at all times? Not for shared hosting, definately.

They were right.

Quote Originally Posted by mdigon View Post
    Hi. My company is currently setting up a webpage and was recommended to use Blue Host as the hosting server and domain. Has anyone had experiences with them and if so are they any good? Thanks
    Who recommended them? What is your budget and requirements?

Frankly I don't think 100 members on a forum is that much... but I guess it depends where you get hosted at... if you are hosted on an overseller box then for sure they won't allow you...
    Uptime Monitor - Build client trust by displaying your Uptime Status in a professional and fully personalized manner

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients

There is no such thing as unlimited space and bandwidth.
    Everything has its limit.
    It is not allowed in

BTW, what is your requirement and budget?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

I do not really know much about all of this but our webpage is only going to need to viewed by maximum 10 viewers at a time. Your thoughts...

Hi!

Like WN-Ali stated, what's your budget and requirements? Another recommendation I would make, don't go for a host that offers ten times more than what you truly need. Just go for what you need. The reason that I say that is, sometimes the hosts that oversell to a massive extent tend to bog their servers down. Also, since the users have a lot of resources, they tend to put a lot more load on the server itself. That's not to say though that even a non-overselling host could mismanage it's servers too though. It's really about how the host manages it's servers. I would search these forums carefully for reviews on BlueHost. There are a few.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    Frankly I don't think 100 members on a forum is that much... but I guess it depends where you get hosted at... if you are hosted on an overseller box then for sure they won't allow you...
    Not only that, but it depends on what script you use for the forums too. Some forum software are more resource intensive than others. Also, it's not always the oversellers, it can be the non-oversellers too. It all depends on how they manage their servers, and plan out their loads.

I do not really know much about all of this but our webpage is only going to need to viewed by maximum 10 viewers at a time. Your thoughts...
    If so, I don't think you'll need unlimited space and bandwidth.
    Try looking for a fairly decent and reasonable space and bandwidth with proper pricing so that you get the services that you paid for.

I think you're OK then, not much traffic/usage.

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback I really appreciate it!!!
    One last question...any other company you recommend I look into?

Well, we can't self promote in this section so I would suggest you look into the Web Hosting Offers section of WHT forum... or use their web host search engine...

Good Luck with your projects.

The only advice I can give you when looking for a host is you'll get what you paid for.

Search for a realistic host, there's not such thing as unlimited space and bandwidth, unless you have an unlimited pocket to pay with. But for sure, is not available for $6.95.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

As JLHC pointed out. You cannot get unlimited space/bandwidth.

You truly do get what you pay for in life, so be cautious make an informed decision, and if you decide to go with them and things go sour. Remember what we told you in the forums

That is out of what $10 can cover. On the other hand, $100 shared hosting (which sometimes is called semi-dedicated) might be able to give you that kind of capability. Forums are CPU hungry beasts, and CPU usage is expensive.

They arent bad. I've had some serious issues with them, but they usually get resolved. I'm not sure how often other hosts have such problems, but I dont think it's as often as BH. (I'm still with them though).

Although I have no experience with Blue Host, but I know this company has a goog reputation at the market and have heard a lot of positive reviews on it!

a good host?

I am about to leave BlueHost after almost 3 years because of inconsistent service.

For a business website, with static pages, they are probably fine.

My blog and photo gallery (twice!) were both shut down for some unknown reason and required a day's worth of reinstalls and setup.

I guess BlueHost has not been a good host this year, especially given the price they charged me!

ooh a bad review..

I used Bluehost for two years. I would NOT recommend Bluehost. I had many problems with Bluehosts servers and service. I experienced continual excessive downtime, web pages loaded very slowly, and email never even worked on my account.

I would look else where for reliable web hosting.