DNS Clustering Issues

I am trying to have three servers cluster their dns through Cpanel, however, all of them keep responding with this error on the last step after putting in the remote access key:

There was an error while processing your request: Cpanel::Accounting returned [HTTP/1.0 900 NET OR SSL ERROR /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/trustclustermaster.cgi 17179: open_tcp_connection: failed `IP_ADDRESS_HIDDEN_BY_POSTER', 2087 (No route to host) ]

I've checked the firewall, and port 2087 is fine. I tried starting stunnel as someone on a google search suggested, but the version of Cpanel has its own native ssl engine. What should I do? Anyone have any ideas on this?

First things first, can you access WHM on ALL servers using SSL? If SSL isn't working for WHM, then the clustering won't work...
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Yes I can. That's why it makes no sense to me.

Just because you've "checked" the firewall doesn't mean it's not a firewall issue. It just means you don't think it is.

Log into each server via ssh, make sure you can get to port 2087 on the others. If not, then there's your problem.

Make sure all servers are running the same VERSION of Cpanel. If one's running updated 'edge', they ALL must be running updated 'edge', otherwise this can cause issue.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

2087 is open. Checked. Same version of CPanel on all servers. Exact same version.

Yes, but did you follow my instructions EXACTLY?

Log into each server via ssh, make sure you can get to port 2087 on the others. If not, then there's your problem.
    Just because you can use your browser to load port 2087 doesn't mean server a can connect to port 2087 on server b, or server b to port 2087 on server c, etc.

Check, double check, triple check everything. If CPanel is saying that the host is unroutable, there's a reason, and it's not cpanel, not with 3 servers.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

What is the exact ssh command to check that port?

Okay, I've added in the rule for iptables and saved the rule to the iptables ruleset. However, still no dice. Does Cpanel override this?

Quote Originally Posted by radiostorm View Post
    ...Cpanel::Accounting returned [HTTP/1.0 900 NET OR SSL ERROR /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/trustclustermaster.cgi 17179: open_tcp_connection: failed `IP_ADDRESS_HIDDEN_BY_POSTER', 2087 (No route to host) ]...
    Not working ports (closed port or misconfiguration SSL) will say something like connection refused ..

While No route to host is more like your servers cannot connect each other?..

This is way a long shot, but are you sure this is not a network - routing issues? like can your servers ping each other?
    Magnet Hosting | Layanan Hosting dan Server Indonesia
    http://www.magnet-id.com Indonesian Data Center, Peering with IIX and openIXP

Servers can ping each other just fine. They're on the same network switch in our facility.

Still no dice on this. It remains a mystery. Anyone else have any advice?
    Jamie Davis
    Radiostorm.com
    Colocation and Streaming Media Hosting
    http://www.radiostorm.com

I just had this error on a WHM server with APF running. I added 2087 to OUTGOING TCP (it was already listed for incoming tcp) and that fixed the problem. If you're still having trouble just add 2087 everywhere in your firewall config.. you'll get it eventually.
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level