Looking for hosting plans $4.99 and below

What im looking for:

$4.95 a month or less on a pay monthly plan.
    - Must have Cpanel
    - Fast servers
    - 99% uptime
    - Linux/Unix servers
    - Must allow atleast 3 domains per account
    - 10+ Mysql databases
    - with a long term plan!
    - decent MB storage & Bandwith

What i dont want:
    - resellers
    - problems
    - general idiots
    - & dreamers
    - hostmonster and the like..

Im looking for smaller companys that have atleast 5yrs hosting experience. Who manage their own servers.
    Im looking for recomendations !!

regards
    newy
      0 Not allowed!

Just out of curiosity what is your definition of a small host exactly? You're looking for a company with 5 years of experience yet is small. I think that may imply they either don't take the company seriously or something is wrong with them to make what I think of when someone says a small company.

Now do you have an exact figure on your space and bandwidth as that's pretty open. Do you consider 5GB space and 50GB bandwidth decent to 100GB and 1000GB of bandwidth decent. Everyone seems to have a different definition of it.

As for what I'd expect you'd get for $4.95/month is probably in the range of 2GB space 20GB of bandwidth. So I'm not sure if that's decent enough for you or not.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by newy View Post
    Im looking for smaller companys that have atleast 5yrs hosting experience. Who manage their own servers.
    Im looking for recomendations !!

regards
    newy
    Smaller companies with 5 years experience..

Is that possible?

Your asking for a hosting package for $5 a month; It would cost the Shared Hosting Provider around $2 for that plan.

Now, If you spend 15 minutes with a customer support person, the company is losing money with you. Assuming they pay at least $12 a hour.

You get what you pay for

<<<removed>>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 05-21-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: self-promotion removed
      0 Not allowed!

well my defenistion of a small company with 5 years experience. is Im not looking for hostmonster or hostgator.. with huge data centers thousands of servers. But i am looking for a company thats got around 5years experience. which signifies to me they are in it for the long haul.
    Not someone who just set up a business and has a "play" at being a web hosting company.

Now do you have an exact figure on your space and bandwidth as that's pretty open
    Well thats for you to decide. If you have packages .. or you just make them up as you go along.Really ppl this isnt rocket science.. You either have packages or you dont. I decide if i like them or not!!

- its pretty simple

Now, If you spend 15 minutes with a customer support person, the company is losing money with you. Assuming they pay at least $12 a hour.
    who cares.. why do people feel Necessary to procrastinate on other poples posts..
    I just want decent honest hosting for $5 a month. << removed >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-21-2008 at 02:29 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I just want decent honest hosting for $5 a month.. If you dont supply it. dont post !
    Well self advertising is not allowed. Like TonyB said you'd have to settle for around 20GB of bandwidth.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES
      0 Not allowed!

OK I guess self advertising isn't allowed, but I can tell you that you can find better offers for 5$ than just 20GB of Bandwidth...
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-21-2008 at 02:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi!

Yep, self advertisement isn't allowed. You may want to brush up on the rules at: webhostingtalk.com/rules.php

Anyway, back to the OP. Let me ask this, how important is uptime/support? Are these sites for personal or business use? If you want a really good host with good uptime, I just don't see $4.95 as a good budget. Are you looking for certain support methods (Ticket, Phone, E-mail, Etc)?

If you were to up your budget by just $2.00 per month, you'd have a better host.
      0 Not allowed!

well my defenistion of a small company with 5 years experience. is Im not looking for hostmonster or hostgator.. with huge data centers thousands of servers. But i am looking for a company thats got around 5years experience. which signifies to me they are in it for the long haul.
    The length of time in business can many times have nothing to do with whether a business will be in business for a much longer timespan or will be closing doors shortly. There are many companies that have been open for years that close down. Time is short or I would cite some resources.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    OK I guess self advertising isn't allowed, but I can tell you that you can find better offers for 5$ than just 20GB of Bandwidth...
    The more you pay the better the service (generally, not always). You get what you pay for and you can probably get 200gb/month for $5 but you'll be on a massively oversold server with probably 200~400 other people. The lower they charge the more people they have to put on a server in order to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by InveHosting View Post
    Hi!
    If you were to up your budget by just $2.00 per month, you'd have a better host.
    Just coming to the $7~15/month range will GREATLY increase the quality of service received pretty much across the board. Of course there are always exceptions as you could sign up for hosting at $50/month and get totally bad service. This is where it comes in to do research into the company and look for reviews.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

You may be able to get a host for that budget, however, you have to know what are your needs. Without that information it's impossible to know if what the host offer is enough or not to you.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!