Question Shared Hosting Plan with Lots of Memory?

Hi, I am looking for a shared hosting plan for my website that offers a lot of memory and processing power.

I would go with a dedicated server or virtual dedicated server, but do not want to deal with setting up my own email, php, mysql, etc. servers on it. I want someone else to setup and maintain the platform (with security updates, new versions of php, etc.) so that I can focus my time on development work.

My current shared hosting plan is very underpowered with a memory_limit of 20MB on the PHP core. I need atleast 256MB.

I basically need a shared hosting plan on steroids.

Does anyone know of any good plans like this?

Thanks in advance.

Every shared hosting account has a limit depending on the setup of the hosting provider.

If you need more power, a VPS or Dedicated Server is your best bet.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Thank you for your reply. I would go with a VPS or Dedicated Server but I just don't have the time to set up all of the components needed for a LAMP environment, and then keep them updated with the needed releases. I want to spend as much of my time in development as possible (and not maintaining the server).

My main concern is security. I want my LAMP server to be secure, but I don't have the time to learn all of the nuances of doing this.

A lot of web hosting providers offer shared hosting accounts with 300 - 1000 GB of disk space, but I don't think they can really provide customers with such huge ammount of resources. However, it is solely my own opinion.

No shared hosts will occupy such a nicely big space. So, they do overselling only.

Find a semi-dedicated package, as they are perfect for your needs. A semi-dedicated is basically a shared package with more resources and management included.

Kind Regards,

If you need at least 256MB, you should consider a VPS instead of normal shared hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by drake77 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I would go with a VPS or Dedicated Server but I just don't have the time to set up all of the components needed for a LAMP environment, and then keep them updated with the needed releases. I want to spend as much of my time in development as possible (and not maintaining the server).

My main concern is security. I want my LAMP server to be secure, but I don't have the time to learn all of the nuances of doing this.
    There are "managed" VPS companies; some of these companies will literally handle 100% of the server administration tasks (including maintaining the LAMP environment, keeping everything patched, secure, and up to date, etc.) so that you can focus on development/your business. It's worth looking into . Good luck!
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Absolutely. I would suggest you to go for "Managed" VPS solutions whereby you'll not be required to perform any server management tasks and you'll have ample amount of memory/processing power to satisfy your needs.

Good luck!
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I haven't seen anyone mention Semi-Dedicated plans, wouldn't those be exactly what the user is looking for?
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

What is your budget like?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

You guys are golden - thanks for all of the help!

I had now idea such things as Semi-Dedicated and Managed VPS plans existing.

I have found a nice Managed VPS plan at 1and1 that should meet my needs nicely.

Thanks again!

You guys are golden - thanks for all of the help!

I had now idea such things as Semi-Dedicated and Managed VPS plans existing.

I have found a nice Managed VPS plan at 1and1 that should meet my needs nicely.

Thanks again!
    Hey drake77,

Just make sure you confirm that the VPS is actually "fully" managed (many companies have different definitions as to what full management entails) and not just that they will provide you with technical support/assist you when you need help. There are few companies that offer quality proactive "fully" managed solutions.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

nice Managed VPS plan at 1and1
    *shudders*

I had bad experience with 1and1. They make have decent prices, but remember you get what you pay for. I would look around some more

Search 1and1 here on WHT...
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Not that my opinion is necessarily worth anything on this forum yet, but I've had a personal 1and1 package for 7-8 years now. Even now with my own hosting company, I still have my account with them that I use for my families personal sites, etc. I've never had any issues with them. Go figure...

I would take a look at Virpus. I just signed up an account with them, managed VPS, because like you I need to focus on my business needs for this project. So far the techs have been responsive and competent. I would suggest taking a look, they have a deal going on right now in the offers thread.

Otherwise other popular managed VPS providers include KnownHost, WiredTree, and JaguarPC. Check the offers section for some other options as well.

You would need to avoid all companies offering ridiculous amounts of resources, normal shared hosting would not be suitable for you either.

A semi-dedicated plan would be your best bet, or a managed vps. I would recommend a semi-dedicated plan however over a VPS.

For some reason I wouldn't trust 1and1 for actually managing a server. They have a hard enough time managing billing.