* Terrible service from 1 & 1 Internet

We initiated a DNS redirect of our domain from 1 & 1 internet ltd to a new DNS host.

Meanwhile I also initiated a domain transfer request from 1 & 1 internet to the new registrar godaddy.com

This resulted in a domain registration error and consequently we lost all our email and website access. This persisted for 5 days despite our best efforts to re-initiate service.

1 & 1 internet were very un-cooperative and un-helpful in dealing with this domain registration error - which normally can be fixed very fast.

We sent 3 emails per day to their support and transfers desk (support at 1and1.co.uk and transfers at 1and1.co.uk) and their response is woeful at best (an automated response informs you that they will get back to you in 24 hours - but they rarely did).

In 5 days we received 1 email in return.

We contacted their technical support telephone number twice per day (about 6 times). The call routes to the Philippines where the call centre staff are unhelpful at best and rude at worst. They are unable to perform any functions other than to record the details of the conversation on an email which is then sent to the technical team (in New York) - who are- guess what - non-customer facing!!! How can a customer service company have non-customer facing people who are unreachable and unresponsive.

In summary we have found 1 & 1 internet to be extremely unhelpful and at best obstructive. They don't seem to have any regard for customer service whatsoever.

If you are considering using 1 & 1 be warned that you will encounter severe difficulties in resolving any issues.

Case numbers: C98474634 / C98558987

Unfortunately, this yours isn’t the only case like this. If you do some research on 1 and 1 you’ll see a lot of horror stories. Also when you cancel with them (if you didn’t already), I would try and follow up as much as possible. They have a tendency to keep charging credit cards for people who cancelled and even sending those people to collections.

i agree 1 and 1, godaddy and media temple's grid server. I tried them all and i wasn't happy at all. I had very nice service from myhosting.com a canadian ISP and helpinghandhost.com. Thanks

1and1 horror story

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteerie View Post
    Unfortunately, this yours isnít the only case like this. If you do some research on 1 and 1 youíll see a lot of horror stories. Also when you cancel with them (if you didnít already), I would try and follow up as much as possible. They have a tendency to keep charging credit cards for people who cancelled and even sending those people to collections.

Mysteerie is 1000% right when he/she says that 1and1 will keep charging your credit card. They did the EXACY same thing to me.

When I complained to my credit card company, and the credit card company backed me up, 1and1 sent my "account" to collections. It was only because I had numerous emails telling 1and1 that I would not and did not authorize the charges was the case dropped. How much was the "collection"??? $29.99!

They blow chunks bigtime!!!!

yeah, it has always been very easy to sign up for a domain name with them...changing it around is much harder.

1and1 tried to get me also. They charged my account for something that I did not order or authorize. When I disputed the charge and my credit card agreed with me, 1and1 sent my "account" to collections. It was only after showing evidence to the contrary did they drop the case.

I wouldn't use them EVER AGAIN!!!!