Wanted: Europe dedicated 10 or 100mbps unmetered

I'm looking for a dedicated server in europe with either 10 or 100mbps unmetered bandwidth I don't mind it being shared as long as it's not permantly saturated. Also 250gb + hard drive required pref RAID1.

I've looked at ovh.co.uk and although I get good speeds from UK i've heard bad things about US speeds and their support.

Can anyone recommend another prvider in thee ovh price range.

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xftp View Post
    I'm looking for a dedicated server in europe with either 10 or 100mbps unmetered bandwidth I don't mind it being shared as long as it's not permantly saturated. Also 250gb + hard drive required pref RAID1.

I've looked at ovh.co.uk and although I get good speeds from UK i've heard bad things about US speeds and their support.

Can anyone recommend another prvider in thee ovh price range.

many thanks
    I doubt you'll be able to find another European provider that can do 250GB HD with RAID1 for the same price as OVH.

Take a look at LeaseWeb, but there quite a bit more expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find another European provider that can do 250GB HD with RAID1 for the same price as OVH.

Take a look at LeaseWeb, but there quite a bit more expensive...
    OVH sells shared unmetered ports.
    Leaseweb sells dedicated unmetered ports.

One is overbooked, the other is not.
    Also OVH quotes in Pounds while Leaseweb quotes in Euro, this also makes a difference if you even it out.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    Also OVH quotes in Pounds while Leaseweb quotes in Euro, this also makes a difference if you even it out.
    I'm aware of the conversion rates between Euro and Pound Sterling.

OVH unmetered ports are very much overcrowded, whilst yes, LeaseWeb I'm told is much better...

Unmtered aside though, you still won't find another host that can match OVH on those prices.

look at ecatel.net (send them email). They specialize in offer shared unmetered servers.

Thanks
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

look and to vectoral.com they have some good offers and ekin here sure can help you

It is better to post more about the configurations you want to use. I've checked UK servers listed above. They are low range machines and that's why are cheap. You'll also need to have a very clear understanding of the service level. Many dedicated web hosts in EU countries provide poorer tech support as a part of their Dedicated and Managed hosting service agreements. The same is with colocation. So once you choose a few providers just give them a call or contact them by email and speak to them about your project.

Besides UK, there are good web hosts in Germany, Netherlands and Sweden as well.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

1paket.com is also good.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    It is better to post more about the configurations you want to use. I've checked UK servers listed above. They are low range machines and that's why are cheap. You'll also need to have a very clear understanding of the service level. Many dedicated web hosts in EU countries provide poorer tech support as a part of their Dedicated and Managed hosting service agreements. The same is with colocation. So once you choose a few providers just give them a call or contact them by email and speak to them about your project.

Besides UK, there are good web hosts in Germany, Netherlands and Sweden as well.
    Only required config is bandwidth and space, with regards to CPU 1.6/1.8 and 1GB Ram would be sufficient.

Thread cleaned. Please continue with recommendations of a provider that you have experience with. Keep the flames for Guy Fawkes.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

old server

I had an old server in the Netherlands, it was 100mbit dedicated internet for $500 (about)
    If you really want the company name ill have to look for it just pm me.

Why not post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Thread cleaned. Please continue with recommendations of a provider that you have experience with. Keep the flames for Guy Fawkes.
    It's amazing how you protect mr swiftnoc. In other topics where he started unasked for flaming, one could say out of the blue, you announced to review, nothing happened, all stayed there for all to see and when mr swiftnoc is finally found out by some people and everybody is warned about the crookery practices you clean the topic. Looks to me, an Israele living in the Netherlands, who according to the same mr. swiftnoc cannot possibly read the dutch WHT because of the language a case of injustice to the parties that were mr.swiftnoc's target in the first place. That is unless you are involved with him.

You have taken my contributions away to clean out which I find suspicious to say the least especially taking into account I have f******** all to do with this whole lot.
    Last edited by XS42; 05-22-2008 at 11:19 PM.

I am not protecting anyone. All the removed posts were started by a reference to a post that that was removed for rules abuse. No point leaving the references there and people wondering where all that started was there?

If you have any more questions about moderation, please direct them to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk/.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    I am not protecting anyone. All the removed posts were started by a reference to a post that that was removed for rules abuse. No point leaving the references there and people wondering where all that started was there?

If you have any more questions about moderation, please direct them to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk/.
    Then why does it take you so long to review a topic where this mr. swiftnoc started flaming and burning down an ISP making Guy Fawkes look like one of the seven dwarfs whereas you clean this topic the moment proof is submitted about the one kettle in this case ?.

I'm as neutral as can be but this protecting mr. swiftnoc goes beyond all logics. Unless you are involved with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by serverfan View Post
    look and to vectoral.com they have some good offers and ekin here sure can help you
    I have a server from netdirekt.de (where vectoral is hosting theirs AFAIK). Have had it for more than 6 months.

For a budget datacenter, netdirekt has been quite fast in answering the tickets. Never had any real problems with the server, though. They speak english, but certain web-UIs are only in German.

They don't offer unmetered, but 5TB/mo max. This seems to apply to Vectoral as well.