I am in need of a reseller host

Good day to all!

I've been fiddling around WHT for the past couple of days researching for a good and solid reseller host to start my personal (mini) business. I need your help fellow WHT members to find/recommend a host for me. These are my wants from the host:

• 20GB+ Storage
    • 1TB+ Bandwidth
    • 99.9%+ Uptime [important]
    • Fast Support Reponse [phone is optional]
    • Free Dedicated IP
    • Private Name Servers
    • Storage & BW Overselling [optional]
    • $20/month or less [tight budget]
    • Option to upgrade [vps or dedicated]

I've done research on the following reseller hosts:

• Site5 [read some bad reviews about their reliability]
    • SurpassHosting [dedicated IP not free]
    • HostGator [expensive o_o and don't know if it includes dedicated IP]
    • HostNine [low bw and storage; don't know if uptime and reliability is good]
    • InnoHosting [low bw and storage]

Please help me decide on one of these hosts. I am leaning towards SurpassHosting, the only problem is there is no free dedicated IP. I was planning to use that for my primary (reseller) domain for unique identity. Unfortunately, $3/month for an IP addon is too much for me.

If you want to recommend a host that is not on my list, please do so or try convince me to go for SurpassHosting. Thanks!
    Last edited by lalala; 05-20-2008 at 11:37 AM.

1TB+ Bandwidth

This number right here is what's going to make it tough for any reseller host to meet your requirements. So if you're starting out do you actually need that much bandwidth if your reseller account has overselling enabled? My guess is you probably do not. If it was say 200GB bandwidth $20/month may be more reasonable.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Good day to all!

I've been fiddling around WHT for the past couple of days researching for a good and solid reseller host to start my personal (mini) business. I need your help fellow WHT members to find/recommend a host for me. These are my wants from the host:

• 20GB+ Storage
    • 1TB+ Bandwidth
    • 99.9%+ Uptime [important]
    • Fast Support Reponse [phone is optional]
    • Free Dedicated IP
    • Private Name Servers
    • Storage & BW Overselling [optional]
    • $20/month or less [tight budget]
    • Option to upgrade [vps or dedicated]

I've done research on the following reseller hosts:

• Site5 [read some bad reviews about their reliability]
    • SurpassHosting [dedicated IP not free]
    • HostGator [expensive o_o and don't know if it includes dedicated IP]
    • HostNine [low bw and storage; don't know if uptime and reliability is good]
    • InnoHosting [low bw and storage]

Please help me decide on one of these hosts. I am leaning towards SurpassHosting, the only problem is there is no free dedicated IP. I was planning to use that for my primary (reseller) domain for unique identity. Unfortunately, $3/month for an IP addon is too much for me.

If you want to recommend a host that is not on my list, please do so or try convince me to go for SurpassHosting. Thanks!
    Those numbers unfortunately don't match up. If you want something reliable, you won't find it 20GB/1TB for $20. Those are the specs of a small VPS.

Since you are starting a mini service, you should drop your requirements to something that is consistent with your budget unless there is a particular reason you need 20GB/1TB to start?
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I doubt you're going to be happy with anyone that can give you your stated requirements for your stated price. May work for awhile but you'll hit a wall eventually.

This is for your "mini-business" and you need (really?) all those resources but can't afford more then $20/mo and $3/IP? Time to re-think the business plan I think.

As for a recommendation my top rec's would be Innohosting or Knownhost who have reasonable prices for what you get and great support.

Hehe If you are joking around, then nice one!

If you're serious, then search WHT for "overseller" or "overselling".
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Your budget is low for your requirements. If you want to open too small hosting company why you need a dedicated IP? If you have already a reseller hosting and you want to purchase another one when you can use a subdomain(for example: reseller2.yourdomain.com). We have several reseller accounts on Surpass. Their services are very similar to Hostdime(it's member of Hostdime family). But Hostdime support is little better(faster) and they have phone support.

Also if you search other companies from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php when you can find reviews
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Better to get a dedicated server and you can do everything freely. As for IPs, there is no one giving IPs for free as IPv4 are running out and ARIN is getting strict on usage.

You won't be needing IPs unless all your customers will be running private SSL anyways.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Better to get a dedicated server and you can do everything freely.
    $20 is his current budget. He'd have to multiply it by 5 for a somewhat decent server, and even more if managed.

# 20GB+ Storage
    # 1TB+ Bandwidth
    At $20, a host offering that is placing a bet that you won't be using anywhere near that level of data transfer. If you were to use it, it alone would cost them $100+.

Spend much more time researching WHT & the marketplace, before you commit to anything.
    Your expectations are very high, either there wrong, or you'll prob. be let down.

Are yoou looking for Windows or Linux ?
    What control panel ?
    Server location ?
    and so many other things you need to consider, billing software for example.
    Maybe look in the Hosting Offers section.

Where are you located, and how much bandwidth did you use last month?
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Ok, thanks for all of your replies. I appreciate it. I guess I was expecting too much for the reseller plans.

To clear things up, I am serious on buying a reseller plan. I need a WHM/cPanel, a billing software is always a good addition but not required and the servers are Linux and can be anywhere in the US.

As for the IPs, maybe I'll scratch this out as I realized that most hosting companies do not include them for free.

Does InnoHosting offer overselling? They seems to be a good choice for me.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks for all of your replies. I appreciate it. I guess I was expecting too much for the reseller plans.

To clear things up, I am serious on buying a reseller plan. I need a WHM/cPanel, a billing software is always a good addition but not required and the servers are Linux and can be anywhere in the US.

As for the IPs, maybe I'll scratch this out as I realized that most hosting companies do not include them for free.

Thanks!
    Yes, Innohosting does allow overselling last I checked, and they will include billing software depending on your plan I believe. It'd be best to ask their sales about everything though.

Thanks!
    dotRoot is correct. Our plans do have the overselling feature enabled by default
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Your new needs are more reasonable and if as you rightly said go for a host that allows overselling you should be able to sell the packages you want and get a reasonable package.

Make sure to have a look round here for reviews and feedback and then choose carefully and let us all know how you get on.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

wht about hosty.net they allow unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth on 17$ with overselling enabled.

So far I'm very happy with Autica. The basic reseller price is $4.95 above your monthly budget, but I think it would meet your requirements otherwise.

I'll will be giving a shot with InnoHosting. They have a promo upgrade this month, just waiting for a reply on my query about the promo.

I hope it will be smooth sailing from there because I like to stick to one host, I don't really want to hop between hosts.

I will give an update here asap.

You may want to check site5.com, however I cannot say anything abou their uptime. Bandwidth though is close to your requirement.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

I doubt you will find a host with 1tb for 20/mo.. If you need that much bandwidth your better off looking for your own server.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

Autica offers 2TB for $24.95/month.

site5 seems to fit my requirements but I have doubts about their uptime and performance as I read with some reviews.

I checked Autica's site, seems to good to be true and besides, no breakdown of the reseller features they offer.

I'll probably go with InnoHosting for now. The only problem is that one of my clients has a site with flash video streaming. Anyone knows if InnoHosting supports this kind of service?

Thanks!

I've been with Autica a few weeks now, and so far I am very happy. You're right, their website doesn't say much about the features. It's a standard cPanel/WHM environment, current versions of PHP, MySQL, etc. Server speed seems very good so far. I haven't needed much support, but their response time was good when I did.

I think the biggest difference between them and someone like InnoHosting is that IH offers end-user support for your clients. So you're going to pay more for that (at least indirectly, for example getting less disk space and bandwidth than you might somewhere else). It just boils down to what features and services you need. I don't need end-user support, so Autica is perfect for me and the bang for the buck is great.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about Autica's features (what's included in the package) if you like.