Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ckissi View Post
    Impossible at that price. Double it and you'll get what you need... Possibly
    Well, after Marc assured me at the above post I can utilize the 10TB with no problems, I have just ordered one and hope everything goes fine, probably if thats the case, will order more and more soon.
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

I do not understand that, 10Mbit unmetered (its about 3300GB/month) cost + $100. So you can pay + $100 and will receive 3.300GB instead of 10.000GB !! Hard to understand that for me
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ckissi View Post
    I do not understand that, 10Mbit unmetered (its about 3300GB/month) cost + $100. So you can pay + $100 and will receive 3.300GB instead of 10.000GB !! Hard to understand that for me
    We are going to take that option off of the order form to avoid confusion. Again, there is not catch here, we are providing 10TB of transfer per month.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by midphase-MarcB View Post
    We are going to take that option off of the order form to avoid confusion. Again, there is not catch here, we are providing 10TB of transfer per month.

Marc
    Can we get it at the new data centers if wanted? or only in Dallas?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by intragrade View Post
    Can we get it at the new data centers if wanted? or only in Dallas?
    We're running these special promotions to sell our current stock at the Dallas D.C. Once we get last few moved, we're going to be exploring the other DCs (including their recently launched Washington D.C. location).

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz
      0 Not allowed!

10TB bandwidth is roughly 31MB sustained? Given that Softlayer uses good tier 1 providers that means an avarage of $30/MB wholesale cost. This is interesting move in the dedicated server market. Wonder if other dedicated hosts will move to this new model.

At any rate, the Promo they have on the Hapertown 2.66Ghz 2x250GB, 2GB RAM @ $199 is a steller deal. If you run that through SL site your talking $359/mo. That is some super deal they got going with Softlayer.
    Last edited by MMH-Moe; 05-20-2008 at 07:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MMH-Moe View Post
    10TB bandwidth is roughly 31MB sustained? Given that Softlayer uses good tier 1 providers that means an avarage of $30/MB wholesale cost. This is interesting move in the dedicated server market. Wonder if other dedicated hosts will move to this new model.

At any rate, the Promo they have on the Hapertown 2.66Ghz 2x250GB, 2GB RAM @ $199 is a steller deal. If you run that through SL site your talking $359/mo. That is some super deal they got going with Softlayer.
    I don't understand is:

If they are a dedicated SL reseller portal say's that the reseller needs to place the price on the server higher than SL portal.

Also is this on a sub-network our a colocation under SL DC?

PS: The price is incredible for the cpu, hdd, BW but I think they have to sell a lot to make profit ...
    But at thoses prices...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MMH-Moe View Post

Uh, what model is that? Grossly overselling?
    10TB on a typical users server is actually 66Mbps+.

No, I don't think that most providers will start transforming into charities and paying for your bandwidth usage. I don't see that happening.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFiMaN View Post
    I don't see where they say you'll get 10Mbps unmetered. They just state you get 10TB!
    So, why is there an option to pay for 10 Mbps unmetered for additional fee then?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    Uh, what model is that? Grossly overselling?
    10TB on a typical users server is actually 66Mbps+.

No, I don't think that most providers will start transforming into charities and paying for your bandwidth usage. I don't see that happening.
    no, it's around 33Mbps. 100Mbps maxed out 24/7 = 33Tb.
      0 Not allowed!

great, so people will continually max 33Mbps of bandwidth 24x7 in one straight line? no, they wont.
    they will have peaks and valleys in traffic usage, equaling to about 150G per 1Mbps, thus 66Mbps!!

the "320gb per 1mbps" is a trash number, and too many people don't know the facts. 320gb is a theoretical number for 1mbps flat usage 24x7 for the entire month, is your bandwidth completely flat? I sure bet it isnt.
    the mods need to have a sticky post in this forum section linking to the wht wiki that explains how much bandwidth you actually get from 1mbps
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    So, why is there an option to pay for 10 Mbps unmetered for additional fee then?
    They replied in the thread page2

Quote Originally Posted by midphase-MarcB View Post

Marc
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    the "320gb per 1mbps" is a trash number, and too many people don't know the facts. 320gb is a theoretical number for 1mbps flat usage 24x7 for the entire month, is your bandwidth completely flat? I sure bet it isnt.
    Actually 1 mbps full duplex completely sustained is roughly 320 gigabyte a month in and 320 gigabye a month out in theory.

I do agree with you, but your example counts mainly for the smaller providers. Larger providers have so many customers from a larger variety of countries andf timezones, so they actually come much closer to the 320GB per mbps (95%)

They might even squeeze more then 320 gigabyte/month out of a 1 mbps 95% if they sell offsite backup services and Internet access.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.
      0 Not allowed!

I think your completely wrong and just trying to push your cheap bandwidth. Just IMO.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Closed by request.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12