Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need 2 servers with 10TB bandwidth for less than $550/m

Hi all, I'm looking for a configuration for my client
    one webserver 8 cores with 4G ram and 3 SATA hdds, one DB server 4 cores with 6G ram and 2 SATA hdds, gigabit port with 10TB monthly transfer. Most bandwidth usage will be to China which will be off-peak bandwidth(lower bandwidth cost for some providers?). Don't have to use the best network, Cogent, HE.net, XO, Nlayer, GBLX these are ok. DDOS protection will be a plus. Prefer west cost datacenters.
    Is this configuration possible to get for less than $550/m?
    I can also provide some hardware(MB, RAM, HDDs...) to lower the cost.
    Please give me some suggestion here or PM me.
    thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meyu View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking for a configuration for my client
    one webserver 8 cores with 4G ram and 3 SATA hdds, one DB server 4 cores with 6G ram and 2 SATA hdds, gigabit port with 10TB monthly transfer. Most bandwidth usage will be to China which will be off-peak bandwidth(lower bandwidth cost for some providers?). Don't have to use the best network, Cogent, HE.net, XO, Nlayer, GBLX these are ok. DDOS protection will be a plus. Prefer west cost datacenters.
    Please give me some suggestion here or PM me.
    thanks!
    Without hard numbers on the processor types and sizes of the drives you're looking for, I don't think anyone here can give you dependable quotes. Can you be a bit more specific about what you need?
      0 Not allowed!

i dont think you will find that very easily or at all. you're probably looking at nearer to $1000
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meyu View Post
    Sure, if you provide the chassis, motherboards, cpus, memory, hdds, power supplies, system fans, and such... this might be possible.

How much of that 10TB transfer do you actually intend to use.
    If you actually use that much... you're looking at much more then $300-600/mo on just bandwidth.

But, if you do find a provider offering you those two machines for $250/mo please let us know.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Meyu,

I'm sure your familiar with searching for good providers just by reading your vocabulary. But keep in mind you get what you pay for. And if your really depending on this hardware you might want to invest a little more.

Good luck in your searches..
      0 Not allowed!

thanks guys, I know it's difficult to find. I guess better stick with FDC for now.
      0 Not allowed!

that is a rock bottom price, you are going to have a very hard time finding that anywhere else.
      0 Not allowed!

Did you check midphase? I see they resell softlayer servers with 10TB BW and quad core for $199
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

This will not be a reliable service. This budget do not cover even the costs of hardware most providers will face to host your project.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFiMaN View Post
    Did you check midphase? I see they resell softlayer servers with 10TB BW and quad core for $199
    thanks for your recommandation, I just talked to their sales, i'm very interested in their offers, probably will get couple servers from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Midphase's quoted pricing seems odd... if the baseserver with 10TB transfer costs $199... then what is this whole section for when configuring a server with that deal:

Networking Upgrades 1Gbps Port (1000Mbps) - (+$10.00/mo.)
    10Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth - (+$100.00/mo.)
    100Mbps Unmeteted Bandwidth - (+$2000.00/mo.)

Why would someone pay an extra $100/Mo for 10Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth? 10TB transfer/mo is like 33Mbps sustained.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave View Post
    Midphase's quoted pricing seems odd... if the baseserver with 10TB transfer costs $199... then what is this whole section for when configuring a server with that deal:

Networking Upgrades 1Gbps Port (1000Mbps) - (+$10.00/mo.)
    10Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth - (+$100.00/mo.)
    100Mbps Unmeteted Bandwidth - (+$2000.00/mo.)

Why would someone pay an extra $100/Mo for 10Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth? 10TB transfer/mo is like 33Mbps sustained.
    yes, it is a bit odd, but some clients are happy paying for real unmetered pipes. Making sure that they will never get any extra costs...
    Also, it may just mirror the way that SL's fee's to resellers are structured.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net
      0 Not allowed!

How can you deliver 10 TB on 10 Mbps unmetered?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    you cant - max is 3200gb, and even that is close to impossible
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I don't see where they say you'll get 10Mbps unmetered. They just state you get 10TB!
    Mostafa
      0 Not allowed!

their default port speed is 100mbps.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see where they say you'll get 10Mbps unmetered. They just state you get 10TB!
    They sound like a provider who know what they are talking about! Sounds like they are just trying to oversell bandwidth
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGod View Post
    They sound like a provider who know what they are talking about! Sounds like they are just trying to oversell bandwidth
    Well, if they can gurantee you/us to fully utilize the 10TB, then no problems!
    Mostafa
      0 Not allowed!

Well, if they can gurantee you/us to fully utilize the 10TB, then no problems!
    We guarantee the 10TB of transfer per server.. this is all part of our very unique arrangement with SoftLayer.

There are no smoke and mirrors here, what you see is what you get on our dedicated lineup.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by midphase-MarcB View Post
    We guarantee the 10TB of transfer per server.. this is all part of our very unique arrangement with SoftLayer.

There are no smoke and mirrors here, what you see is what you get on our dedicated lineup.

Marc

Is that per month? So if we get a $199 10TB server we will be able to transfer that much data? What kind of upstream connection is it on? You guarantee minimum throughput is ~33 Mbps 24/7 so what can we burst to?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    Is that per month? So if we get a $199 10TB server we will be able to transfer that much data? What kind of upstream connection is it on? You guarantee minimum throughput is ~33 Mbps 24/7 so what can we burst to?
    Yes, we're sitting on SoftLayer's impressive network. We have clients currently pushing the limits of their port without a problem.

And yes, it's 10TB per month.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    UK2Group.com
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, we're sitting on SoftLayer's impressive network. We have clients currently pushing the limits of their port without a problem.

And yes, it's 10TB per month.

Marc
    Very cool - so what are the ports provided with the 10TB offer and what speeds can we expect?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    Very cool - so what are the ports provided with the 10TB offer and what speeds can we expect?
    We provide 100Mbps ports by default, 1000Mbps would run you an extra $10/mo.

Here is a test file: http://67.228.177.115/10mb.zip

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    UK2Group.com
      0 Not allowed!

Marc
    well, sounds good, if you could provide me with a price for the upgrades I asked you in pm, and an estimated setup time would be great
    Mostafa
      0 Not allowed!

Impossible at that price. Double it and you'll get what you need... Possibly
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast