Unhappy Why do hosts all BS about support?

Seriously, I am on my 5th host this year. They all talk so highly about their support when you are in the pre-sale stage. That always changes when you sign up. I am so over it.

If you are on your 5th host in 5 months, and that is the behavior you're seeing occur with the companies you've signed up with, then you're picking the wrong companies.

Not all hosts are like that.

Re-examine the criteria that you are using to choose a host. Something there is leading you to choose hosts that have lackluster support.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Agreed
    Not all hosts are like that.
    Not all hosts are the same find the one thats right for you
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

Its probably the price that I go for. Cheep. So I really shouldn
    't talk. I guess you get what you pay for. lol

Just because a host is expensive does not mean their service is good.

good luck in your search
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

yeah, the cheap hosts usually have to sacrifice something to keep the prices low. support is expensive, so that's usually a quick way to lower costs.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Seems like you have had some bad luck with hosting lately. I would love to say that there is a correlation between the cost of hosting packages and the lack of support, but I don't think there is. Just the wrong host.

Good luck searching...

Matthew.

Boy does someone needs to go to hosting school or something and not pick wrong host, or it could simply the case of op being too needy and with attitude issues, cause no host will take attitude from their customers !!

So what really is the story behind this all no one knows.

But 5 hosts in 1 years shows that you are picking the wrong one again and again !!

A lot of companies take pride in the level of support they can offer.

Support is the #1 priority for most hosts. It's like any other business or industry, customer service is the #1 priority.

From my experience previously I have never had a host that didn't have good support, I suppose I am lucky. Then again, I always choose the hosts that have an AIM/MSN screen name as it's definitely easier, even if the support is only on for several hours a day you can catch them in real time.

Because they want to get you first to become their client so they tried hard to get you during sales...

Don't loose hope and take time to study hard on choosing your host... it is a matter of patience :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I'm curious as to who the 5 hosts were and what kind of packages/prices you were getting. That might explain it all.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

I'm curious as to who the 5 hosts were and what kind of packages/prices you were getting. That might explain it all.
    ^^^^
    I second that! Like I said in an earlier post when I first starting creating sites and using shared packages I never had any issues aside from an hour of downtime here and there.

Good luck though. I hope everything works out for you

Just goes to show that you could pick 100 hosts from the bottom of the barrel, and they'd all fail you. Lesson here is to maybe not be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for hosts.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Maybe you're asking the wrong questions?
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

Did you choose web hosts based on the lowest priced ones who offered enormous amounts of resources?

Why do hosts all BS about support?
    Marketing. Stupid marketing IMO, as a smart one would set expectations that would then be exceeded. Virtually every claim a host makes is a BS candidate. You need to do by recommendations and customer feedback, to see behind the sales talk, and get access to a small glimpse of reality.

Pick some reputable and long serving hosting company. Never go for some cheap new overselling company. I just learnt this the hard way.

I believe that you have to look further into the services to determine if the host is for you. Look for how they get feedback from their customers. If they allow you to voice your concerns and suggestions in an open formatt then they are willing to work with you. If they say that they will get back to you and do so with in a reasonable time frame then they do what they say. Alot fo companies promise the world and they don't. That is how I choose services. Price is only a matter of service. The cheaper the price, the more you have to wonder what or how they stay in business and work with their customer.