Mails delivered to Spam Folder in GMail

Is this pretty much the default action or do I need to take some steps to get the IP/domain for our mailserver whitelisted?

Thanks.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

how much mail are you sending? If they are legitimate emails the person will see it in there spam folder and click not spam. but if you sending "promotional emails" to people that in no way requested it they are going where they should be.

oh but it could also be based on how it's worded. what emails are you sending out?

No, It's just account information for new customers. I just could not remember if there was anything I needed to do to help prevent spam-folder'age.

Thanks
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Outgoing emails from Gmail are signed with DomainKeys/DKIM (I forget which). I suspect that incoming emails that are signed with one of those technologies is less likely to be misclassified as spam.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeriklane View Post
    Outgoing emails from Gmail are signed with DomainKeys/DKIM (I forget which). I suspect that incoming emails that are signed with one of those technologies is less likely to be misclassified as spam.
    I believe that will only verify that if came from the address stated in header. If that is/gets flagged with spam it's still going to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Is this pretty much the default action or do I need to take some steps to get the IP/domain for our mailserver whitelisted?

Thanks.
    We have had this problem in the past. GMail seems to think account information emails are phishing scams. Try sending the email with a few different wordings and see what exactly is causing it to get caught.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

It's GMail's obsession with spam... Few days back, Google sent me an e-mail, and their own e-mail went into my Spam folder... LOL... No, I'm not kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post

Thanks.
    Make sure your domain has proper SPF ( openspf.org ) record with all the egress mail hosts listed. Google seems to be pretty happy (i.e. not flagging as spam) even with large volumes of messages if those are sent from one of the servers listed in the SPF record for the domain specified in the return address. At least - this did help us with automated welcome letters.

CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest