Updating GoDaddy records

GoDaddy has sent an e-mail about the change of a nameserver on a domain to an obsolete e-mail address.

How can I make sure that all relevant e-mail and other account records are up-to-date? I can see e-mail address info on the credit card payment page and on public info for a domain but not for a private domain - but nothing including the obsolete e-mail address they used.

what do you mean by obsolete e-mail address, is it administrative contact email?

I mean all e-mail addresses on their database for standard e-mails about offers, DNS updates, administrative contact, changes to domain status etc.

I am still getting e-mails about say nameserver changes to addresses I will soon not be able to check.

There is no place I can find on GoDaddy now for updating all e-mail records.

Login to GoDaddy's domain centre >> Select the checkbox next to the relevant domain(s) >> Contact Info

Change the contact info (and e-mail address) to the correct details.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Thanks

If the registration is "public" the info is editable and is correct.

If the registration is "private" the e-mail address is listed as [email protected].

How will GoDaddy make contact on private domains?

The account owner information page included no space for e-mail addresses.

Why does GoDaddy send e-mails to addresses I can't find on their site to edit? I don't want to find out there is some other page I should have updated on their site.

Cool

Just a guess here but it sounds like you bought a domain through a reseller. Now you are not using the domain so you aren't keeping it up to date. BUT a registrar must attempt to keep records up to date an make sure your domain doesn't expire if you are the owner. If this is an obsolete domain just forget it if you don't want it any more and they will eventually stop.

There is another remote possibility that you have two logins with GoDaddy and the one you are using isn't the one for the private part of this domain...I don't know. GoDaddy has changed a lot the last few years. It's why I quit using them about 3 years ago for my personal stuff and it was a good move it seems (I have no problems now, only pay about a buck more for domains and unless GoDaddy has improved a lot account management is far more simple.)

If all else fails contact support & hope you get a person instead of a canned answer.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Thanks.

All the domains are still live although one was originally obtained from a reseller.

It is the e-mail addresses I want to update.

Which registrar do you suggest?