Smile Reseller Hosting Recomendation

Hi there everyone
    Well I like to start a Hosting Business so I like to know what do you think of the next Reseller Hosting Providers:

HostGator
    WebHostingBuzz
    HostDime

I'm in Mexico City and this is my first experience with a Reseller Hosting Program.

I really appreciate all your information and support.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
    MEXICO
      0 Not allowed!

Searching here will be a good option to find reviews on those hosts. I know HG gets pretty good reviews in general.

Maybe you can tell us what the purpose of the reseller account will be and your specific requirements? Do you plan on selling hosting or just hosting personal sites?
      0 Not allowed!

idrocas,

Welcome to the forum and if you are more comfortable with getting support in Spanish, that is another option to consider when looking around.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |
      0 Not allowed!

Smile More information

Well first at all thanks for your answers.
    So I'm thinking about selling hosting, have almost 30 domains and growing, but I have some questions:
    1. Do you recommend a reseller hosting plan with 1 or more dedicated IP's.
    2. Do you recommend a reseller hosting plan with Anonymous Nameservers.
    3. Do you recommend a reseller hosting plan with Private Label Nameservers.
    4. I really need to find more information to understand more about the WHM AutoPilot Billing Manager or any other Billing Manager, to make the online charges or send links for the monthly payment.
    My first choice is HG because they have a lot of extras for the reseller plans (Templates, eNom), but I can't find the information about the dedicated IP's.
    I was with HostDime few years ago with my first domain just with a Hosting Plan and I had a good experience, but now I found the Reseller Plan information limited, I really like to have more information about the Reseller Package.
    So I really appreciate if you can help me to make the best possible selection about the Reseller offer.

Thanks again,

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
      0 Not allowed!

Smile More information

Sorry but I miss some details.
    My Domains are almost small domains with not much traffic but I have 2 or 3 with audio and video not streaming.
    I have some static designs and I have some Flash designs too.
    I'm planning to offer e-commerce and online payments sites if itīs possible.

I really appreciate all your information and support.

Thanks,

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
    Last edited by idrocas; 05-19-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Add details
      0 Not allowed!

1. - dedicated's ips are mostly for SSL domains, so if you don't have domains which use SSL it isn't needed but if they include one it is a nice thing.

2. - This is a personal preference

3. - This is a personal preference

4. www.whmcs.com has been a better performing one from our experience as we give it to our clients for free
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |
      0 Not allowed!

I will suggest going with a reputed company even if the price is little high.
    Hostgator is good
    You can even check hostnine.com, they are also good and used to give good support.
      0 Not allowed!

We moved to Hostdime from our previous provider about two years ago. Their support is faster than all of our previous providers. Their plans provide a lot of usefull features. For example: RVSkin(23 language support on Cpanel), WHMCS billing software, Fantastico(it includes some free templates), Site Builder... The uptime of the servers are good(our monitor shows 99.9%). Also if you don't need phone support when try Surpasshosting that is their subcompany. Their prices are cheaper. Their services are very similar. Bu Hostdime support is little better.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)
      0 Not allowed!

If you have a good experience with HostDime, why not stay with them? If you have questions about their reseller plan, why not contact them directly? I am sure they will answer your questions.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!

Smile Because I'm looking

Well It's just because I'm looking for the best possible option and I don't know if HD is the best option.
    Like I said, this is my first time as a Reseller and I have a lot of questions well not a lot, but I need some kind of advice, a really good one if itīs possible.
    For example HD doesn't offer a lot of stuff like HG with their extras for the reseller packages.
    That's why I'm looking for answers and recommendations so I like to know if someone can give me a good advice to make a good selection between 2 or 3 choices of the best hosting reseller providers, the best based on your experience or maybe for a balance between Price/Services/Features.
    Thanks to all for all your answers I'm waiting for another ones to make me decision.

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
      0 Not allowed!

I've used innohosting and I couldn't be happier!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.
      0 Not allowed!

Smile Thanks for the opinion

Thanks for the opinion and really appreciate the information about innohosting reseller plans, I'll check out.

See you soon, have a nice day.

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
      0 Not allowed!

Leasing your own dedicated server is a solid option as well. Good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Leasing your own dedicated server is a solid option as well.
    It's not for everybody. It will take more knowledge. Using a reseller account can be a good first step in this industry, to learn the ropes. It'll also likely be a waste of money. Growth doesn't come instantaneously.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post
    I've used innohosting and I couldn't be happier!
    Indeed, Innohosting are good for me, and have had a good reputation for a long time.

Smile I make my decision

Well first I like to thank you everybody for you comments suggestions and opinions, then I like to you to know that HostGator is my choice, I was searching a lot and I think this is the best option for me.
    I hope that was the right decision so tomorrow I start to run my business with HG.

Provider: HostGator
    Package Type: Reseller Hosting
    Plan: Aluminum
    Disk Space: 24Gb
    Bandwidth: 250Gb
    Monthly Price: $24.95usd
    Features: All I think I need (Hoping)

Wish me luck,

Thanks to all of you, I'll be in touch reporting and commenting about the HG services.

See you soon,

Rodrigo Castillo
    ROC@S
    Mexico
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by idrocas View Post
    Thanks to all of you, I'll be in touch reporting and commenting about the HG services.

Good to see.

You may create a new thread if you wish to post a review.

/closed.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!