cPanel Conference 2008

Curious if anyone here is coming to the conference. If so, please let me know :-)

Thanks
    Eric Gregory
    Total Server Solutions
    - Servers - Cloud - ECommerce Hosting
    COLO@ Colocation. Perfected. Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix
    Weehawken - Los Angeles - Chicago - Seattle - London

I haven't signed up yet but I do intend on going.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

As a plug for us / some clarification you won't get on the website right now: We're going to have some really neat presentations dealing with security and integration. The descriptions on the site don't do justice to the presentations themselves. I've sat through them and they are quite informative and interesting.

Also, you guys might want to come to check out cPanel Server Suite as well.

Here's a list of topics covered this year:

Systemized Threats to Web Hosting Security
    Server Lockdown (Linux based security)
    FreeBSD Security
    Integrating your Hosting Business with cPanel Products
    Advanced Guide to Branding cPanel
    Remote MySQL Server Guide
    cPanel APIs (XML, API2, Licensing, Hooks)
    Introduction to cPanel Server Suite for Microsoft Windows Server 2008
    Interfacing with cPanel Server Suite
    New cPanel Features
    Exim and Spam
    Transfers
    Troubleshooting
    Ask the Experts (no holds barred Q&A with cPanel team)
    Localization in cPanel 12
    Ruby on Rails
    Tomcat
    Mod_mono
    EasyApache3
    -Dave Koston
    Koston Consulting

Hi guys,

We are thinking of stopping by, could you please let me know how the cPanel Conference compares to the || Summit and an event like hostingcon?

Cheers!
    Leading Webhosting Email Security Solutions, Incoming & Outgoing Filtering + Email Archiving!
    Clusterable, Scalable, in the Cloud or on Premises, Fully Managed, 4-Tier Control, Plugins for all Major Control Panels, and an Extensive API!
    SpamExperts - "The way email was meant to be - Simply SpamFree"
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Quote Originally Posted by srenkema View Post
    Hi guys,

We are thinking of stopping by, could you please let me know how the cPanel Conference compares to the || Summit and an event like hostingcon?

Cheers!
    Its smaller than hostingcon

It's smaller then HostingCon as LinuxGod mentioned. It's obviously much more specialized and only deals with topics pertaining to cPanel. We give attendees much better food too ;-) Seriously though, whereas HostingCon covers the entire industry and is, at its core a marketing tool, the cPanel Conference is a much more technically oriented forum.
    Eric Gregory
    Total Server Solutions

I'd like to go but being in the UK is limiting.

Hi guys,

Cheers!
    As noted by Eric and LinuxGod, it's definitely a smaller event. That aspect is nice as it allows us to provide in depth technical discussions. If you've wanted to learn about configuring remote MySQL clusters, customizing EasyApache3, using cPanel APIs or other topics, you can get some get in depth sessions on those topics. We also run sessions that are more informational than technical such as new features, new products, etc.

You can see last years slides at http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/seminar07.htm if you want to get an idea of what the presentations are like.
    -Dave Koston
    Koston Consulting

Are you plan to organize something similar in EU?
    Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for !

FastSRV

Eric, LinuxGod, DaveDark, all thanks for answering the second half of my question

How does it compare to the parallels summit (type of visitors? CEOs? Decision makers? or System administrators etc?)
    Leading Webhosting Email Security Solutions, Incoming & Outgoing Filtering + Email Archiving!
    Clusterable, Scalable, in the Cloud or on Premises, Fully Managed, 4-Tier Control, Plugins for all Major Control Panels, and an Extensive API!
    (www.spamexperts.com)

How does it compare to the parallels summit (type of visitors? CEOs? Decision makers? or System administrators etc?)
    Can't say that anyone from cPanel has been to the Parallels Summit.

Most attendees to the cPanel Conference are either highly technical (sys admins, techs, etc) or Decision Makers (CTOs, CEOs, Hosting Business owners, etc).
    -Dave Koston
    Koston Consulting

Hm, okay, thanks!

The reason for asking is that a couple of my colleagues went to the ||Summit just now and were quite satisfied by the amount of decision makers walking around (CEO godaddy etc). For us, the socializing events around the content are of equal, if not more, importance than the actual content. The ||Summit had an unofficial drink with the parallels guys the night before the event, a boat trip + dinner, ball-game, some other dinner/drink, and of course very extensive lunches...
    For us, it's a networking event, less interested in the actual content. From looking at the websites I feel that the Cpanel conference is somewhat less focused on the whole networking than the ||Summit and hence I am doubting a bit whether it's worthwhile visiting... someone feels Im mistaken?
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Our event is indeed very networking focused. We obviously try to cater to technically oriented attendees, but there are plenty of socialization and networking options open to attendees as well. The opening night is an open-bar reception for several hours which usually filters over to a local watering hole afterwards. Lunches and dinner also serve as a great venue for networking. This year we're having a bona-fide networking event after dinner as well. In past years our event was more of a technical "seminar" the concept this year has moved more towards a "conference" in the sense that there really will be something for everyone.
    Eric Gregory
    Total Server Solutions

Alright Eric, that's helpful, thanks!
    I'll discuss it internally - probably decide early June whether we go or not
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Alright Eric, that's helpful, thanks!
    I'll discuss it internally - probably decide early June whether we go or not
    I am going.

You'll find it better than WebHostingDay in Europe, I think. It's a smaller but more intimate group of senior execs. Last year was good, Cpanel looked after us well and there were some excellent networking opportunities.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
    I'd like to go but being in the UK is limiting.
    Econ with BA is only 500 return from London area airports.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Unfortunately I can't make it but I really want to, from the sounds of things it's going to be a great event.
    DesireSpace - Premium Website Hosting :: SHARED - RESELLER - DEDICATED

Eric,

I believe some of our developers are trying to get in touch with you guys, to talk about partner programs. We still expect a call back from them. If we don't hear from them, we won't be able to participate Eric, could you double check whether action is taken here?

Thanks!
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Sorry, I've not checked this thread in a couple days. What are your developers names? I've had so many people contact me in the past week so they may have. If they did they most definitely would've received a reply :-)
    Eric Gregory
    Total Server Solutions

Eric,

Our CTO has spoken already with Dave Koston. They will be meeting next week.

Cheers!
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Hey guys, 3 from our crew will be there. I'm looking forward to it. Stop by our booth and say hello!
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

SupportPRO will be there

We are also attending. we have a booth there too. So please stop by to say hello. Nice to meet fellow WHT members and put a face to the usernames. I am flying in tonight. now let me go pack.

Aji Abraham
    SupportPRO.com Quality outsourced hosting support and server administration @ affordable rates. Let the PROs handle your customer service 24/7.