Flash/HTML based Newsletter

I want to make a newsletter to be sent to my members but I want it to look good and professional. Just like the NewsLetters we get from, say, Game Companies with their beautifully designed layout. I am experienced with HTML but I was wondering if there's a tool or a guide that can help me even more designing a template for a NewsLetter. I was also thinking if Flash is possible.

My concerns, however, is that not all receipients can view the HTML files. How do I overcome this?

I would greatly appreciate any help or comment. Thank you.

There is no guide. Well not what i can think of.

Not everyone can accept HTML correct. So you would have to upload it and link them at the bottom for example.

Upload them to a webspace you mean?

How do I link them in an E-Mail?

In the text-only version of the email (or both if it's easier) provide the URL to where you have uploaded the HTML version.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaman View Post
    In the text-only version of the email (or both if it's easier) provide the URL to where you have uploaded the HTML version.
    Does this mean the user would have to click on the link and go to the page? that would destroy the purpose of an e-mail newsletter. The idea is to force an HTML page in their e-mail, just like News Letters being sent by big companies(AlienWare, Gamestop..etc).

Or maybe I haven't quite understood what you meant.

I used to be able to add HTML code inside an e-mail and it usually works. But not I get the HTML tags showing instead of being translated into a page.

there are 2 ways to send emails - using HTML and using plain text.
    some email clients can only deal with text emails, so HTML emails should be send with both text and HTML versions (this is done automatically by mail programs that allow you to send HTML). if the recipient can read HTML, the HTML version will be shown, but if not only the text version will be shown - wish would not look as good - hence the link to the page where they can view the HTML outside of their email client.

if you are seeing HTML tags 2 things could be happening:
    1. you're pasting into a rich text editor that is converting your < > to &gt; and &lt; because it thinks you want those characters displayed.
    2. You have pasted the HTML into the text only version.

Mail should be sent out in Multipart/Alternative. This allows both an HTML version and a text version to be encapsulated in the same message. Any half decent newsletter system will provide this option.