Thumbs up Steadcom 6-month review

Summary: Steadcom's customer service is consistently far above and beyond what I expect in their price range. They were very flexible in customizing a hosting plan to my exact specs. VPS server performance has always been very good. But above all else, their customer service is absolutely spectacular -- they really treat their customers well, and to me, that is the single most important aspect in choosing a host. I get enterprise-grade white-glove treatment on what is by all means a low-revenue plan.

The full review:

About seven months ago I started shopping around for a VPS provider to handle the growing traffic from my Wordpress sites and allow room for several new projects I was launching. After trying several other VPS providers, I found a promo in the VPS Hosting Offers forum and gave Steadcom a shot.

Billing:
    Right off the bat, Steadcom was willing to customize a package (and a promo) to my exact needs. It wouldn't be proper to quote my exact package here, as Steadcom has since completely revamped their packages. But I will say that they were very accommodating to my needs, including the multiple changes I made after the fact. My billing is always correctly invoiced and hassle-free. Frankly, I wish my wireless provider would take note.

Performance:
    I run two medium-traffic Wordpress installations, a light-traffic SMF forum, and two light-traffic DokuWiki wikis. I have never had any issues (SMF did slow to a crawl for two days, but that was due to a configuration error on my part). My sites are peppy and responsive.

Uptime:
    When I first signed up there were apparently some issues with my node (though I never personally experienced any trouble), resulting in a last-minute notice of "5-15 minutes of planned downtime". This downtime occurred during off-peak time. Ordinarily I might balk at such short notice; however, if a node is in need of physical maintenance, I would rather my provider pull it down for 15 minutes with short notice than let it go on unreliably for a few more days.

More recently, Steadcom (along with some other big-name hosts) was affected by a power incident at their reputable upstream provider. As a result, my sites were knocked out for several hours. For being knocked offline by extraordinary circumstances beyond their control, Steadcom automatically issued me a credit. That tells me a lot about how they view their customers.

Customer Service:
    Put simply, I'm treated as if I'm their only customer. The guys at Steadcom have, since my first day dealing with them, absolutely rushed to take care of whatever issue I have raised, no matter how small. They took the time to answer all of my pre-sale questions thoroughly. They helped me out with a minor DNS hiccup at GoDaddy. When they noticed me rebuilding my OS several times (no reason, just experimenting), they emailed me to ask if there was anything they could help me with. When I wanted to change my plan (multiple times, in fact), it was done without any hassle. Every ticket I submit gets turned around very quickly. I am reasonably certain that Dimitri and Gabe sit around the NOC 24 hours a day just waiting for tickets to come in.

As much fun as it is to rave about how great their customer service is, the real-world implication is that these are the guys that I want in my corner when something goes wrong. Good customer service is the difference between "OMG my sites are down and nobody's doing anything about it" and "My sites are down, but I know my provider is rushing to get them back up". Anybody who has ever had a hosting provider for any length of time knows that 100% uptime is impossible, and that even the best host in the best facility can still get knocked down by DDOS, extreme weather, sabotage, or what have you. Knowing that your host is staffed by competent individuals who actually care about their customers makes all the difference.

Overall:
    Steadcom has been great. Although I frequently enjoy complaining about whatever vendor has managed to annoy me with subpar service this week, I'm hard-pressed to find anything bad to say about these guys. I heartily recommend them.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting: High-Performance Pennsylvania Web Hosting
    ▐ Xen PV VPS :: Custom Dedicated Servers :: Co-Location :: Shared
    ▐ Tier 3 Datacenters in Harrisburg PA and Dallas TX

Thank you for this very nice review floor-9.

This was very touching and comforting to know that our hard work is paying off. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and apparently we are doing a good job

Best of luck with your sites and let us know if you need anything! (Yes, we do sit around 24X7 waiting for tickets).
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Your domain is http://floor-9.com/?

Its empty :/

" Apache is functioning normally "

Great review tho!

Try without the "-"
    www.SagaNET.fr

Quote Originally Posted by floor-9.com View Post
    More recently, Steadcom (along with some other big-name hosts) was affected by a power incident at their reputable upstream provider. As a result, my sites were knocked out for several hours. For being knocked offline by extraordinary circumstances beyond their control, Steadcom automatically issued me a credit. That tells me a lot about how they view their customers.
    That Weird, I do not have this discount in my credit

Anyways agreed with floor-9.com steadcom offer a solid services

eclouds,

You misunderstood me. The site literally says: Apache is functioning normally.

Just FYI, I was not being sarcastic, I was just saying what the site says

Go Miami Heat (Brickell here!)

I did understand you. I just said you should try the URL without the " - " in between. Thus making it floor9.com

Of course, Go Miami Heat (Kendall here )
    www.SagaNET.fr

Whoops -- my bad, I forgot to include my domains. Yep, as eclouds said, my domains are floor9.com, blogHarrisburg.com, and floor-9.com. At some point I'll mosey over to floor-9.com's directory tree and set up a redirect; obviously it's not a high priority right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurogane View Post
    That Weird, I do not have this discount in my credit
    Uh-oh, hope I didn't start something! I got my email about the credit several weeks ago; just submit a ticket and I'm sure they'll take care of you.