Verizon / MCI Pricing

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what I should be expected to pay for the following bandwidth commitments from Verizon:

45Mbps (DS3)
    100Mbps (FE)
    155Mbps (OC3)
    1Gbps (Gig-E)

This location would be a Verizon central office. Anyone know of a good Verizon sales representative or reseller?

Thank you,
    Kyle

Location? I'm guessing there will be a massive difference if you're talking about a CO in NYC or in some rural area.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLC23 View Post
    Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what I should be expected to pay for the following bandwidth commitments from Verizon:

45Mbps (DS3)
    100Mbps (FE)
    155Mbps (OC3)
    1Gbps (Gig-E)

This location would be a Verizon central office. Anyone know of a good Verizon sales representative or reseller?
    It doesn't matter what they quote you.

Verizon billing has its head so far up its *** you won't get a correct bill, ever, so you need to factor in the cost of your time arguing with their billing dept.
    Then, at the end of the initial contract they'll double the rate on the assumption that the cost to move is too great and you'll pay the higher rate.

Why are you focussed on Verizon? They are really more focussed on selling carrier-grade transit rather than end-user connections (assuming you're an end-user, that is).

I am focused on Verizon as I will be in a Verizon central office. There are other providers such as AT&T, Sprint, Qwest, and Level3 in the area, but they all require expensive local loop charge also provided by Verizon since they are the ILEC in the area. I figure that Verizon would be cheaper as it would hopefully avoid the local loop charge.