* Looking for VPS in west coast - kevworks works !!

So, ok i have had like 2 vps from 2 providers (and one day trial from one vps provider ) and i think the most responsive (as i find or can recall ) is the one i currently have from www.kevworks.net , price is not too bad either for 512 mb ram ($40 a month for the gold vps package i am onz).

What i meant by responsive is that , it does not take like a min. or more to just login to ssh, its quick smooth and instant ! Even on my full serber at VD it takes few seconds/min. to login to ssh (via ip not via domain), and same with my trial vps i had . I do not really remember how bad or good was my vps with steadfast, as it was like 3 years back ...

Anyways not gonaa go offtrack. Got my vps from kevin (kevworks owner i think) last week or something. Been running smooth so far, download speeds have been decent (although on 10mbps port). LXadmin is cool too light and fast.

I usually use the vps for just my small game serber (and surprisingly it works out ok, not too much lag at all, but maybe cause its a small time game serber and maybe atmost 4 players are on it playing ) .

Support is good if needed (but mind u its unmanaged ).
    Friendliness : 10/10 , kevin is the only dude from kevworks i have dealt with not sure if there is any other staff though there (hmm i should have asked him that ).
    Performance 10/10 for a vps its not bad if u can host a game serber on it !!
    Reliability 10/10 , so far no network outage or slow network (like i faced at jaguarpc 2 years back).

Overall its been a smooth ride, and bunny likes smooth rides (note to self: need to replace dodge neon as struts going bad and giving bunny rough ride)

Anybays in for vps market in and around west region (they got some i think somewhere too , dunno) kevworks will work out for you just right.

Will be coming back at end of month or laters if my game serber picks up else will be dropping the vpz (no phun running vps when no gamers on it )

Cheers
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 05-18-2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: ooggga boogga sheesh bunny did so many smiles up there ^^

Glad to see you're happy but a 2 week review is a bit premature, come back in a few months and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Glad to see you're happy but a 2 week review is a bit premature, come back in a few months and keep us posted.
    Yup i willz if am still with them (reason mentioned in original post already).

Cheers

Hi Bunny,

Thanks for the review!

You should have probably waited another two weeks to post a review . But at least we can expect another review in two weeks from you right? Lol.

Anyways to clear up the air,

KevWorks is run by two Kevins, myself (technical side) and my other half (his name is Kevin) who handles all the financing. We also have a third hand that helps us with server setup and low level technical questions.

Unfortunately the VPS is at 10mbps, but you are getting quality bandwidth in Los Angeles, CA from 7 different providers!

Thanks everyone and thank you EB!
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon