Wordpress Jhoomla phpBB integration/suggestion

Hi everyone,

I have recently got myself a webhost and am fairly new to this.
    The webhost provides me with WordPress, Joomla and phpBB (3.0.1)

I want to have a website setup using Joomla as I understand this is a good CMS and would help in site maintenance.
    Sine the website would have a blog, I have also set up a wordpress account since the feature is available with my webhost.

I am also looking at starting a community forum using phpBB.

I need your suggestions on how to go ahead.
    1. Would it be a good idea and is it possible to integrate the three? (WordPress,phpBB and Joomla)
    2. Is there a better way to do this? Maybe a plugin or addon that comes with Joomla and has blogging and forum capabilities
    3. I would prefer that users sign up once for the blog and the forum instead of signing up twice to access the blog and the forum.
    is this a good idea or do I need to have separate access for the blog and the forums
    4. Any other options or path I need to consider?

Thanks for your time and help.

cheers!
    Last edited by force10x; 05-17-2008 at 10:59 PM.

1. Would it be a good idea and is it possible to integrate the three? (WordPress,phpBB and Joomla)
    It's almost impossible, and I advice you to check out all mods and plugins that were written for WordPress to see if there's a PHPBB implementation. you could also use BBPress, the forumsoftware from WordPress. Which is much easier to understand, use and theme.

2. Is there a better way to do this? Maybe a plugin or addon that comes with Joomla and has blogging and forum capabilities
    apart from the fact I think Joomla is a terrible piece of crap, it does come with such modules indeed.

3. I would prefer that users sign up once for the blog and the forum instead of signing up twice to access the blog and the forum.
    is this a good idea or do I need to have separate access for the blog and the forums
    It's a great idea, but without proper scripting knowledge virtuall impossible. In these days its not yet possible to let one php app communicate with another without a huge amount of hassle.

4. Any other options or path I need to consider?
    Drupal You'll love it, since it has ALL your needs onboard or available through modules. Beware: Drupal has a steep learning curve.

Good luck!
    hi there!

It is not possible...

I have also heard Joomla to be some useless crap...

I use wordpress for Blogging.. I don't think you can integrate it with phpBB or any other forum software. But I think Wordpress has some foruming capabilities. I have seen it somewhere.... I don't remember. I think the wordpress support forums itself..

And.. YOu can use Wordpress as CMS.. forget Joomla. or Jhoomla.. whatever..

pqdb.com/wordpress-articles/using-wordpress-as-a-cms-content-management-system/

And.. YOu can use Wordpress as CMS.. forget Joomla. or Jhoomla.. whatever..

pqdb.com/wordpress-articles/using-wordpress-as-a-cms-content-management-system/
    Indeed, it's in fact quite good as a CMS!
    hi there!