Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    83

    What % of customers are still with you beyond 12 months?

    How many of your customers are still hosting with you beyond 12 months, assuming you have good uptime and good support?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,508
    99%
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,349
    <sarcasm>Watch as the BS piles up</sarcasm>

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,508
    ?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,056
    ???
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

  6. #6
    I would tend to agree. Probably ~97% if your service is good. The other ~3% will leave due to non-service related reasons.
    Kevin Bombino
    Founder
    Action Verb, LLC

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sheffield, South Yorks
    Posts
    3,480
    > 99% here. Generally all those that cancel leave because they found a cheaper deal, not because of service issues.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    83

    Thanks Guys

    Many thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    636
    skeptical (haha)
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    580
    lol @ all hosts

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    33,190
    Most cancel after a short time if they find they're just not right for your services. Those that stay; tend to stay for for the long haul. So, since the question is "How many of your customers are still hosting with you beyond 12 months" I think you would find that a high percentage. As most hosts aren't going to factor in the ones that leave within the first month.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    "the islands & bays are for sportsmen"
    Posts
    294
    All six of mine are still here, so 100%

  13. #13
    Bailey. Life on the net wouldn't be the same without you.

    Spunky. I mean just spunky I say.

  14. #14

    Customer

    If your service is good then 95% will carry on next year.. Otherwise you will loose 15% of them anually.

  15. #15
    What are you guys smoking?

    I agree with some of the others, I can feel the BS stacking up now.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Orlando FL USA
    Posts
    1,316
    Also note that the average life of a web site is about two years. Regardless of satisfaction with the host people/businesses change and move on unless they too are succeeding in a positive way..
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    483
    Good point made by Deb. Some websites are set up and used for a while but then the customer wants to try something new because his idea hasn't worked or whatever. We have found that these customers are not dissatisfied with the service and often return when they have their next 'idea'. So you can sometimes lose a customer and then gain another one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •