Web Hosting Promotion ?

Hi there,

I have recently started Web Hosting Business as a reseller. My target is to get at least two web hosting clients per day.

Can anyone please help me that how can I meet this target.?

How much traffic is required on my hosting website?

What kind of supporting websites can send me good related traffic?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
    bushib

2 Clients a day is a GREAT rate for a hosting website to grow at. The amount of visitors is not the biggest factor but is a factor. A website can get 400 visitors a day and still get no new sign ups that day.

Some things clients look for is Live Support, Live Sales, Phone Sales, Phone Support, Toll Free Number, this will all help sell hosting.

Well basically the majority of web host starting out use ppc or adwords in others words but that can be very pricey. It is always good to make a business plan and plan for the worst case scenario were you won't be making any profit for at least 6 months.

there is lots of web hosting companies out there already, so promotion can be a hard thing to do right unless you know what your doing.

Some of the ways to promote your business are:-

1. Word Of Mouth
    2. ppc marketing
    3. advertising on web host directories
    4. having a link to your hosting site in your signature on forums you use
    5. traffic exchanges

I would suggest you to define your target audience - "Who will need to use your services?". Hope the audience is not general. Better defined customer base will help you to create a list of websites where you want to appear.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I think it all depends on your business and what your target customers are.

We have found forum advertising and word of mouth are the most effective - Both of which are free advertising methods. So don't always go with the paid forms of advertising as they may not be effective for you.

What i would recommend is try different forms of advertising and record which are sucessful and which are not.

I hope this helps you. << removed >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-19-2008 at 11:19 AM.
    Chris Priestland
    Host Centric
    www.host-centric.co.uk
    Host Centric is part of the JMF Group which has been provisioning web hosting since 2003

I guess this will be better in Running a Web Hosting Business Forum, moved.

bushib, find a niche and promote to them in person. That is the best advice I could give.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

This is a really difficult task. You will have to make your choice depending on where you are (country) and what avenues are available to you for advertisement. A combination of both online marketing and offline marketing would be a good idea.
    RayThemz - All WordPress Themes You Need.
    Ray Creations India - Responsive Mobile Friendly Websites.

well, you could use the services of professionals most of whom you could find here or you could hire a freelancer to do the marketing by advertising in several forums.
    Webhosting to-check.in
    You manage content, we manage the rest!

Also, always consider going local first. Many of the local business in your area will want to support you and are the easiest sell face to face.

Marketing hosting online is rather competitive and will take you longer to start covering your costs.

Great Marketing is the key. I recommend you seek advice regarding this from a marketing company. It may cost quite a bit but will pay off in the long run.

And yes 2 signups a day is quite a big target especially in the web hosting industry. It is a very competitive market so get ready to start working hard.

Hope this helps
    Chris Priestland
    Host Centric
    www.host-centric.co.uk
    Host Centric is part of the JMF Group which has been provisioning web hosting since 2003

Yes, two sign ups each day is a very big target for a start up company. Any established company who has gone through this phase will tell you that. This is not to discourage you in any way. Keep high target is a good strategy and if mixed with right marketing plan who knows you may as well achieve it too.
    RayThemz - All WordPress Themes You Need.
    Ray Creations India - Responsive Mobile Friendly Websites.

Tell all of your friends.
    Get your friends to Spread the word.

You will get popular that way.

Good luck

WHTwiki has some articles on how to promote a web hosting business:

How to acquire web hosting clients

Pay-per-click advertising

Promote your web hosting business locally

Feel free to add ideas from this thread that aren't already in the wiki.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

Hi... I'm getting into the game as well, and have thought of a few ways... Offer promotions (1 / 3 months free hosting, etc.)... Run an affiliate program... 2 sales a day is BIG, but even 1 is powerful... The Power of One talks about referrals from existing clients...