oh S*** am i screwed?

Someone saw that I am a reseller of see eye host. And posted some bad comments about it. Now I search the forums and see people bashing them. Iíve had my reseller account for about 5 months now. And before I had it, I was hosted with them. There customer support and every thing lese seem excellent. There shared servers are also lighting fast, my site is hosted on a shared server and I almost always get 32ms ping or less...

Can someone tell me some more about them?

Someone commented "see eye host is not very popular around WHT"

I didnít even realize that the WORD is filtered out! Iím new to this forum

So am I screwed now?

experiences are individual. there are some people that will love your current provider and then there are those who will hate it.

the thing is, does it serve your needs? if it has been working...don't break what ain't broke.

if it doesn't..then start planning your escape route.

second...and perhaps most important...you should ALWAYS have a plan b in place...an escape hatch in case of trouble.

so nah...i don't think you're screwed just because the provider you're with is getting a bad name. as long as they treat you well and you're happy and more importantly your customers are happy...then you have nothing to worry about.

that make any sense?
    "If you come to a fork in the road...take it"

Yogi Berra

From what I've heard, things have changed over there.

I'd personally test them out, if it weren't for their high setup fee.

i have been working with them for a long time actually. my FIRSY hosting account was with a reseller of see eye host. i didnt know it till they went out of business. then i got an account hosted WITH see eye host.

like i said, there upstream is amazing, my boss is a supprt FREAK. he always comments to me how much they rock because they always answer the phone when there is a network problem, unlike our last provider that had a network nightmare and didnt answer the phones for 4 days.

i am sure there has to be someone else who has had simular experiences.

C_I_Host: situation normal, all f***ed up

There are outstanding legal judgements against C_I_Host in amounts totalling over a quarter of a million dollars, with many more outstanding bills still being contested for a grand total of well over half a million dollars. Carol Faulkner, the CEO's mother, has been filing lawsuits against anyone and everyone she can, including me, who did $70 worth of business with them four years ago. I was one of three former customers sued in June, one TX lawyer I spoke with knew of 60-70 lawsuits she has filed. The first of those three recent cases filed against former customers was already dismissed by a judge, but needless to say it costs time and money to defend yourself against a lawsuit, even if the charges are baseless.

C_I_Host is in debt to several companies from which they purchased advertising and other services, didn't pay, and then filed lawsuits claiming poor service to delay payment. All of this is part of the public record if you investigate the court dockets in the Dallas and Fort Worth courts. There are also a number of federal lawsuits pending against C_I_Host, there have been 179 complaints filed with the BBB in the past three years, and 14 with the TX Attorney General in the last two or so.

I wouldn't exactly call that a stable situation. See this article:
    http://dallas.bizjournals.com/dallas...27/story2.html
    Deb Suran
    Musical Instrument Makers Forum - http://www.mimf.com

Ok, that sounds like a soap opera from the article. :-)

What is the status of the suit against you?

Originally posted by JTY
    From what I've heard, things have changed over there.

I'd personally test them out, if it weren't for their high setup fee.
    see-eye host is rotten at the core (The CEO is the biggest a** you will ever know - yes, I have meet him and seen him talk). You can polish the crap out of an apple, but when the core is rotten, your efforts are futile. Give it time. 5 months is nothing.

shes i hope they all get thrown out thats just dumb....
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

modiphy.com :: Phenomenal Web Design
    modiHost.com :: Affordable Web Hosting

What is the status of the suit against you?
    I can't discuss it at this time, on the advice of my attorney.
    Deb Suran
    Musical Instrument Makers Forum - http://www.mimf.com

i met see eye host people at an ISPCON in Baltimore a few years back, looked like they had a lot of money then..

Here's my pissed as hell story.

I also had a client's site that was hosted there,, he had about 500 megs of data on his mssql db.. when they had an "unrecoverable raid" failure he lost all his data. .. when i tried to get them to restore it from their claimed backups, they said that they lost the backups too. and that i should have a backup of the data somewhere..

what dumb morons, you need to be have special perms to backup a sql server database (which no shared accounts have) and even if we could do that, the file would eb some where on the db server. and why the hell would i backup 500megs of website data when the hosting company is supposed to do it for me? When i asked if they had _any_ backups, the answer was "no"

Their service is not very popular right now.

Well they still charge an arm and a leg for overage it still seems.

For those that do not qualify for the unlimited service, traffic will go unmonitored until you reach 20 GB per month. Thereafter, normal data transfer cost of $10.00/1GB/month will be billed to your account. If you want to pre-pay for bandwidth overages, you will be billed $5.00/1GB/month.
    Then a little further down...

You will not exceed the bandwidth, storage and E-mail usage limits outlined by your particular web hosting package. If you use any bandwidth or storage space in excess of the agreed upon number of megabytes per month or if you exceed E-Mail storage and attachment size limitations, ***** may, in its sole discretion, assess you with additional charges. If ***** elects to take any corrective action, ***** will not refund any unused pre-paid fees. Your use of your account and access to it is your responsibility. You are responsible for any unauthorized access to your account resulting in bandwidth, storage and/or E-mail usage exceeding the limits outlined in your particular web hosting package specifications and resultant charges. Bandwidth overages are currently billed at $20/GB/month. Disk space overages are currently billed at $.25/MB/month. Email attachments overages are currently billed at $.10 per email over 10MB.
    Can they not make up their minds about how much they are going to rip you off if you go over your limit just a little?

wow. I'm seriouslly apalled at the happenings with *****. Thank you for keeping me posted as this is the first of me hearing such incidents. I heard one person upset at the service, but didnt hear things such as this. Thank you for letting us know. Wow.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

I was with them as a PIR reseller from Jan 2001 thru May 2002. Everything started off WONDERFUL. Then my biz began to grow. As I added clients, and ordered new shared accounts, my luck would vary from server to server.

WebTrends, the stats that I paid good money for each month, NEVER WORKED. Most of the many tickets I created were requests for stats to manually process the logs -- they simply did not function as sold. The techs knew about the issue, and it was made clear to me that the issue was not going to be resolved.

My Unix accounts were across 4 different servers, some of them with experimental builds. Erm, experimental? On a live customer machine? No thanks. When I complained, the response was "yeah, we're trying out the latest version of Red Hat. Guess that's the problem." Yes, and?! Move my site to a working machine, you twat! The apathy was profound.

Support hold times grew from zippy (3 minutes or less) to outrageous (90 minutes or more). Those last few months were horrid.

One Win2k server would ROUTINELY run into overflow situations from runaway processes. This went on for 6 weeks, with 20-50% of page loads failing on the 5 sites I had on this one box. Grrrrr.

When asked to remove a mirrored domain (just an IIS pointer) they deleted the entire active site.

They refused to install a DLL which was provided by the merchant account that THEY SET ME UP WITH.

To this day I do not know if additional DLLs I loaded have been removed. Anyone on the NT server "MEDEA" probably has access to my licensed copy of SAUpload, and my copy of LinkPoint's merchant wrapper.

A request to change permissions on a folder (which under Win2k you cannot do via FTP -- it must be done by a tech when you don't have root access) took WEEKS.

My domains (25+) were listed in their DNS for nine months after I cancelled my accounts, leading to who knows how many bounced emails for anyone using CI's DNS for their mailserver.

Oh, and just today I received some spam offering to take me back as a customer, with a $10 check (yippee) if I sign up with them again. Anyone checking their dedicated pricing will laugh their ass off. They want to charge me an extra $25 a month to run ASP pages on a dedicated Win2k, another $25 for ASP.net, and a further $25 for DNS. I'm expected to pay for services that are built-in to the OS?! BULL$HIT.

I could go on, but you get the idea. They were great when I was small and wasn't really paying attention to the server's performance. When I ran into some small troubles, and began REALLY watching the machines, I saw more and more problems. But because tech support declined, it took much longer to get things done. If you are a n00b, they look as good or better than the competition. Once you know how the biz works, there are plenty of top-shelf providers that blow them away.

And yes, the CEO is an ass.

But they do offer an "Integrated S3 Pro Savage8 32MB DDR AGP 4X" video card, and we all know how important a good video card is in a hosting environment.

Maybe, your are new in this forum, but there is not appearing, that "Posts: 251" , i think you are not new in this forum.
    Signature edited. Please see Forum Guidelines for more information.

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    (The CEO is the biggest a** you will ever know - yes, I have meet him and seen him talk).
    UmBilly obviously hasn't met CEO Shawn of cyberwings.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

They have even sued the BBB for the poor ratings it gave them:

http://www.fortworth.bbb.org/common....ips/report.php

The owner has also sued the university where he went:

http://web2.htrigg.smu.edu/~dcwww2/H...97-n.suit.html

2tar rating at epinions http://www.epinions.com/inet-Web_Hosting-All-C_I_Host

Lot more bad reviews here: http://www.geocities.com/hostingmonitor/******/

sounds like another Featureprice......

Originally posted by 1upromo
    Maybe, your are new in this forum, but there is not appearing, that "Posts: 251" , i think you are not new in this forum.
    Check the date of the first post. Check the time he was registered.

Conclusion: He was new to this forum.

perroloco resurected an old post....

Was it old? Sorry 'bout that. I followed a link from another WHT thread and chimed in with my experiences (as if CI needed any further condemnation). Glad to know that others share the same love as I have for that company.

No worries, I think some didnt realize it was older when they posted about the topic starters post count that's all....

Originally posted by Tony P
    Well they still charge an arm and a leg for overage it still seems.

Then a little further down...

Bandwidth overages are currently billed at $20/GB/month. Disk space overages are currently billed at $.25/MB/month. Email attachments overages are currently billed at $.10 per email over 10MB.

Can they not make up their minds about how much they are going to rip you off if you go over your limit just a little?
    Ouch! $20 per gig
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com