Gate2Shop, any experience?

Hello,

After a few talks and emails, I talked with the processor Gate2Shop to process CCs (as 2CO).

For being a 2CO client they offered me the setup fee waived and a 4% fee (not really bad for a 3PP) and no monthly minimium or fees.

So, I want to know if someone has some experience with them, good or bad. I'm thinking in using them and Paypal to manage the international payments, as I had a few problems with 2CO in the past and the fees are high for the volume of sales I have with them.

Any help is appreciated!
    Oh, and the website: http://www.gate2shop.com
    Nahuel Lanzón - nahuel.lanzon[@]lemuriacorp.com
    Lemuria Corporation - CEO / MANAGER
    Spanish Flash Tutorials! LemuriaDemos.com

We personally use SafeCharge, but I heard that G2S is great for smaller merchants. Some of our partners use them and are very satisfied. Go for it!

Both G2S and Safecharge are very good.

The downside with Safecharge is that you have to have some volume to make it worth while as they usually charge a minimum of 1000USD per month for the transactions.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

Actually, I think SafeCharge and G2S are connected somehow, they are both very good. If your volume is lower, then your best bet is probably G2S.

I think patweb is right i was told something about G2S from my account manager at safecharge - I just cant remember what...sorry..

Well Patweb is right. They are indeed connected.

I know and have spoken to both SafeCharge and G2S.

SafeCharge is parent company of G2S.

SafeCharge is suitable mainly for high volume merchants and they provide direct merchant account.

G2S is IPSP/3rd Party solutions.

I do not know anyone processing with them but based on my conversations with them and their quick email responses, I find them quite efficient.

Ok, I just applied for the account. Just waiting for my sites to be reviewed.. I'll comment any experience with them in the future.

Thanks for your replies
    Nahuel Lanzón - nahuel.lanzon[@]lemuriacorp.com
    Lemuria Corporation - CEO / MANAGER
    Spanish Flash Tutorials! LemuriaDemos.com

gate2shop

Hi All,

I am representing gate2shop and will be more than happy to answer all your questions regarding our services.
    gate2shop is the perfect online payment solution for small and middle size merchants. you have 24/7 support for merchnats and clients, a fast and easy integration, customized reporting and of course a wide range of payment options.
    please dont hesitate to ask all open questions.

greetings to all

Hi,

@LemCorp-Nahuel: can you provide any feedback on their service?

I'm interested in their service, but it's a little bit worrying that I couldn't find any real comment on their service, except their PR.

Loc

Dear Loc,

The service of gate2Shop is relativley new but as visible on our website we are having patnerships with some well known companies already and we are able to supply a save and complete payment service with latest security technology and a wide range of payment options. Anyway i would be more than happy to discuss all concerns and quetions according our services. Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Oliver

Hi Oliver,

thank you. It's not a concern, it's just that you can read lots of reviews about other services, like 2Co, Authorize.net, Google Checkout...

I'm planning to find a suitable service till the end of summer, so I will let you know if I have any specific questions.

It's my first step towards international online sale, so I'm a bit careful.

thank you

Loc

2checkout, Worldpay and PayPal are as of today the only well know and fairly secure alternatives.
    Offering cost effective Open Source Software modification and customization aswell as Webshop template designs and modifications

Gate2Shop

Quote Originally Posted by lociren View Post
    Hi,

@LemCorp-Nahuel: can you provide any feedback on their service?

I'm interested in their service, but it's a little bit worrying that I couldn't find any real comment on their service, except their PR.

Loc

Hi.

Here's my experience of Gate2Shop, and this is not intended to reflect the service that anyone else may experience, just how I found the service.

Initial setup with Gate2Shop was reasonably fast, took around 1.5 weeks.

However, watch out if being encouraged to sign up via email conversations with g2s sales staff, as they will not point out the Ł1000 minimum retention fees (for chargebacks etc), huge retention, that for a small business means your money may be tied up with g2s for a long time.

Payments out -
    I was due a payment out with g2s to my nominated bank account, however they chose to send it via moneygram !!!?? I still haven't managed to collect the funds, because of having to wait for a response from g2s about who the name was that sent the funds from g2s to me, the post office will not release these funds until all forms have been filled out correctly with id numbers and senders names, this has been a total waste of my time and energy

My advice based on experience with g2s, use google checkout, great for small businesses, and daily payouts with no silly retentions.

Jason

Dear Jason,

I am writing on behalf of all G2S team and I am aware of all the details regarding your case. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience with G2S. However, please have in mind that we put a lot of effort to keep you as a merchant.

The 1000 retention fee that you mention is actually the minimum payout for a month. Please have in mind as well that the minimum payout is clearly stated in our terms and conditions(gate2shop.com/en/terms) when you sign up. Our staff provided you with all the relevant information.

We have acted accordingly to your instructions and our attempt was to meet your business requirement, including the MoneyGram transfer in order to speed up the process. You were provided with all the necessary documents for the money transfer and I don’t see a reason why you didn’t receive it.

Having in mind the above stated, we went the extra mile for you and tried to resolve the issue with numerous emails and phone calls. We are more than willing to try to resolve the matter without leaving you with bad experience from the G2S service. In this connection, we would like to investigate the problem with the money transfer with MoneyGram.

Best Regards,

Oliver

Bad experience

I feel i need to share my experience with g2s so others can take right decision.

I signed a contract with g2s at beginning of 2009. This was easy and took 1-2 weeks for setup. Like "Jasesname" was saying g2s staff never pointed anything about chargebacks stories. Being new with this i never new how this things works. After a month of course i asked when can i see the amounts of money process with them on my bank account. They said i need minimum of 1000 euro/month process in order to be able to withdraw. I said ok. After a while i received more than 1000 euro in my g2s account and of course i called them again. I got this answer "You received to many chargebacks and you can't withdraw right now." And i said ok, then when ? They said "For the moment you cannot withdraw anything".

On my next post i will try to paste al emails i exchange with then trying to get my money out of their system. I remove them from my website in may 2009 and i only received the money on november 2009.

Every discussion was always a waste time if you got chargebacks. All g2s staff are trained to be nasty in such cases. I lost a lot of money and time with this great and well known company.

In conclusion they give me bad business and waste of time and nerves.

Let me get back with all emails i exchange with them so you can have the entire picture including names as well.

Actually, I think SafeCharge and G2S are connected somehow, they are both very good. confirm

As I pointed out previously in this thread G2S is a product from Safecharge yes.

Interesting thread here. G2S do CLAIM to look after the small to medium sized businesses, however, as a small ecommerce business owner, I can confirm that they don't. In fact, small businesses rely heavily on cash flow, so when a payment gateway (G2S) hold onto your money for more than 7months, which they are currently doing with my business (their reasons are stated as 'low transaction processing activity', it doesn't bode well in my books. My business is seasonal, so there are times when there are little or no transactions for up to 3 months. Any further experience for small ecommerce companies who have had similar experiences, please get in touch as I am currently investigating this further.

Contract

Can they do that according to the contract you have signed with them?

No. Here is there reply to my email.

BEGINNING OF G2S EMAIL: "Please note that your payout has been delayed by our risk department; as I mentioned earlier, low/zero processing triggers a red flag when it comes to risk management (see also Item 9.1 of our Terms & Conditions). Also, there has been a change of pricing recently whereby a minimum charge of 500 currency units per month has been introduced, and you are not subject to the latter.

As I mentioned earlier, Gate2Shop is an alternative to the direct merchant account; we represent your company in front of the banks we work with. Having that in mind, we are the ones who are held responsible in front of these institutions and have to take all possible measures to prevent any unforeseen situations. This is the basis of the standard procedure of withholding payouts when it comes to low/zero processing." END OF G2S EMAIL.

I have just read their t&c's point 9.1 and this assumes that the risk department have reason to believe fraudulent use. I have asked them to explain themselves here because this is quite unbelievable. My business are the Behr Hella award winners. Behr Hella are one of the leading manufacturers of air conditioning supplies in the world. As you will read in their email above, they have now changed there transactions to a minimum of 500 sterling per month, again, this is the first I have heard from them. What can I say, other than that I will persue this to the end.
    Any advice?
    Tina

That clause pretty much leaves everything open as they can say that anytime.

They are in their legal right to hold that money but one can always question it from case to case.

If you have a clean processing history I dont see any reason to hold the money other than the usual rolling reserve.

Exactly, it leaves it wide open. We have had two refunds in one year, the rest of our transactions have been settled successfully. The only down side is that our business is seasonal, ie we have no transactions between Oct-Dec and Jan-Mar. Simple really. Can they change their minimums without warning to their customers?

They can if that is mentioned in the contract which it usually is. Some have a monthly minimum while some have not.

If a merchant is willing to pay the wire then I dont understand why any processor should have a minimum. That is up to the merchant to decide.

Having 2 refunds (you dont mean charge backs?) would not be a reason to hold your payment.

I dont know the full story but the way you have told it I dont understand the decision.