images loading time is too long

hello there
    I would appreciate if anybody could give me some suggestion to reduce the loading time of the images of this site: www.metatradersoftware.com. For some reason, the loading time of the images is different depending on the browsers used to display it.
    Thanks in advance

Your images are loading very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by w!ll View Post
    Your images are loading very fast.
    Well, just try clicking on the buttons of the upper horizontal menu to check how long it takes to load the page.If it is still quick, may be the problem has to do with the browser used.
    Look for your answer.

It loads fast on mine aswell, but you need to sort the flicker on the nav when it loads.

Just simply use positioning of an image in CSS rather than using a second image for the hover. Just look around at some tutorials and you will understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by keywolf View Post
    It loads fast on mine aswell, but you need to sort the flicker on the nav when it loads.

Just simply use positioning of an image in CSS rather than using a second image for the hover. Just look around at some tutorials and you will understand what I mean.
    Thanks for the feedback. As for the flicker, I am looking for some thing to fix it because actually this is the first time I hear of this problem. Anyways, then I guess I was wrong when I described the problem as a too long loading time. Moreover, the best words to explain what I saw might be the flicker effect instead.

As far as the hover is concerned, I think what you mean is that I should may be move down a bit the image in order to simulate the effect of changing image. Am I right? I am not sure but I think that is not what you mean.
    Last edited by thosecars82; 05-16-2008 at 04:18 PM.

I had tested in Mozilla, Opera and IE6. Your entire website is loading very fast

Same here. Loading time was quick!
    The shortest answer is doing the thing.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Super6 View Post
    Same here. Loading time was quick!
    just to make sure that you understand what I mean:
    For example, using opera 9.27 broswer, when I click on any of the buttons of the horizontal upper menu like home, services..., I can see that all the images except may be the menu, disappear for a second or so until the page gets loaded again. Nevertheless, that does not happen to me with let's say firefox. With firefox, the images do not disappear when I click in any button from the menu. So it seems as if it was much quicker.
    May be this has to do with the opera browser, or whatever, I don't have idea.

May be this was what you mean to fix the flicker:
    http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html

Works fine for me
    Jason

Your page is opening fast even on my slower dial-up connection.Since you have used CSS, its the perfect way to reduce the page size and download time. May be you can try optimizing the best image file size in photoshop for better download speed. I dont see any problem with your page.
    Thanks,

Its loading fast for me on Fire Fox also?
    I think it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by ratt831 View Post
    Its loading fast for me on Fire Fox also?
    I think it is good.
    Thanks all of you. The problem was that I had opera with these settings:
    Preferences->History->Check images->Always
    Thanks again. Topic solved.

good to hear you got it fixed... flicker thing dont really matter becouse you got small images..

good to hear you got it fixed... flicker thing dont really matter becouse you got small images..
    Anyways, I think I have almost fixed the flicker thing according to the technique of using just one image file with all the different colors for up, hover, active,... and playing with the background position in order to get the desired image. I still am on it but do not think it will take me long to finish it. Altough the images are small, I want to learn to solve this issue because it might come in handy for the future.
    Thanks

Loads just as fast here...

Try cleaning your cache and cookies.
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}