Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by csgo View Post
    So far their network has been reliable for me... not the fastest, but reliable. They did have about 6 minutes down earlier today, but that's the only downtime I know of this month. All I can relate is my experience.

I'll compare VolumeDrive to FDC. FDC is much faster about 90% of the time... a lot faster, but that other 10% is a killer. My FDC bandwidth slows down to slower than dial-up (yes I am serious). It happens most days. I fought it out with them on a trouble ticket and their response came down to "shared bandwidth". I never expected to get peak speed all the time, but to slow down to the point that you can't even get a ping to your server is unreasonable.

The other side is VolumeDrive. The network speed is not nearly as fast as FDC 90% of the time, but they are fairly consistant. At no time has my server been bandwidth starved that I know of. I don't use a lot of bandwidth, but what I use I need it to be reliable. VolumeDrive has filled that need so far. I hope for the additional speed if my server is not at the new datacenter.

For my business slower but more consistant (VolumeDrive) beats fast but unavailable at times (FDC).

Nothing I've posted should be news to either company. Your results may vary.

-Joe

Joe,

Can you please forward us your server information? We would like to look into this issue for you, and see if your server is in our old DC. We have not had any reported speed issues with our new facility.

Regarding PayPal fees, we do not charge a "PayPal" fee, but rather a very very small payment service "handling" fee which is levied on all forms of payment.

Thanks,

I'm having bad beginning experience with volumedrive.

More than 3 times, the server has stopped responding until reboot request were made in this 14-15 hours since the server was come online, not to said 8 hours from that is my sleeping time.

omg, that is really bad, what VolumeDrive said to you about that?

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Regarding PayPal fees, we do not charge a "PayPal" fee, but rather a very very small payment service "handling" fee which is levied on all forms of payment.
    Okay fair enough. You might want to change the wording on the web site to inform your potential clients of the recurring payment handling fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    omg, that is really bad, what VolumeDrive said to you about that?
    They were saying it is the switch making my server keep going off-line. The bad thing is, I've been waiting for about 3 hours to get reply from reboot, fair enough since it is sunday and they said they will do inspection for me, and took another 2 hours, so total of 5 hours here. Totally it has been down for at least 15 hours. Well i would said there is also another 15 mins of it was the CPU swapping, since they were giving me AMD Athlon 3000+ instead of Athlon 3200+
    Last edited by xplora03; 05-18-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xplora03 View Post
    I'm having bad beginning experience with volumedrive.

More than 3 times, the server has stopped responding until reboot request were made in this 14-15 hours since the server was come online, not to said 8 hours from that is my sleeping time.
    I dont see how this is VD's problem. Its not their responsibility to monitor and react if your server goes offline unless its an issue with their network.

Quote Originally Posted by HostATree View Post
    I dont see how this is VD's problem. Its not their responsibility to monitor and react if your server goes offline unless its an issue with their network.
    You mean it is not their responsibility to monitor my server if they know my server is keep going down for every moment since they setup my server? Alright, probably i am too wrong.

Jeff replaced NIC and put me to other switches, hopefully it will solve the problem.

Anyone hosted in the new DC have any comments on the new service?

Jeff replaced NIC and put me to other switches, hopefully it will solve the problem.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

HAHAHAHA oh man,

"Other switch"

"Replaced the NIC"

I never get tired of hearing this junk.

only been a few days for me so far; speeds very consistent at 400-600kbytes/second without problem, no outages yet. the consistency is nice - haven't seen fluctuations in speeds / pings so so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by chamelion View Post
    only been a few days for me so far; speeds very consistent at 400-600kbytes/second without problem, no outages yet. the consistency is nice - haven't seen fluctuations in speeds / pings so so far so good
    Any chance of a test IP mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Node2Go View Post
    Any chance of a test IP mate?
    give 66.197.220.205 a shot

I'm on the new network and there is definitely an improvement in speed.

I'm in the UK, at quiet times (early morning, late night) I can normally cap out my internet connection, but during peak times I'll push around 200kb/s to 300kb/s.

But there are no network outages as of yet...

Hopefully this "new" DC will help their known network issues and let them gain back a good word regarding the network side of their services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12