* SEOhosting.com / hostgator review

Hello,

Two days ago we registered with seohosting.com, a company of hostgator.com . Please note their "30 Day Money Back Guarantee" :

http://www.seohosting.com/hosting-plans.php

The next day our webmaster discovered a few problems that would make it impossible for us to use their service. We sent them two urgent tickets, asking them some questions. After more than 12 hours of no answer, we decided that it is not good enough service for us and that we would like to cancel the account. We sent a "please cancel our account" email/ticket, as the live chat operator instructed us. After afew hours of no answer, we came to live chat and asked what was going on. They said we will get an answer soon. 12 hours later, still no response. It is hard for me to understand why for almost an entire business day, no one had the time to get back to us.

I will update this ticket when they will respond.
    Last edited by DavidIl; 05-16-2008 at 05:35 AM.

There are 2 point of views. The first one suggests that you should give them some time. Call them and speak with someone about this issue. Sometimes these things happen... unfortunately.

Another point of views suggests that HostGator is a well-established web host and if they claim they are as good as they say it is not acceptable to leave customers without response. If it was a newbie web host I would understand it. But it is not.

But I still suggest you to speak to them. Moving to another web host now will take some of your time.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post

But I still suggest you to speak to them. Moving to another web host now will take some of your time.
    Thank you for your opinion. We discovered that we cannot use them for our purposes. I am just submitting this as a review of thier service to us. As soon as we get a reply, we will update the review.

I think it is pretty unfair to judge them base don response times from billing and sales. With some companies it can take more than a day to get a response. That is because Sales/Billing is something which doesn't require urgent attention most of the time. I'm sure their tech support is always on the ball..
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

the first two tickets (12 hours no answer) were to support.

If you would, PM me your ticket numbers and I'll take a look as soon as I get to the office.

i'm not sure which one it is, maybe 2650014.

I just emailed it to myself. I'll take a look when I get in in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidIl View Post
    the first two tickets (12 hours no answer) were to support.
    If the ticket is intended to be a sales or billing ticket (at least to them) but it was submitted to the support department, it may take them more than 12 hours to respond.

I see that you are treating this as a review, as such, please provide your domain name hosted with them.
    This is the standard procedure of
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

there are no domains yet on this account, we didn't get to it yet. We were just testing thier system.

You said, impossible to use their service?

What is the issue really?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I think the subject of this thread should be hostgator's blatant abuse of ipv4 address space. Handing out those addresses specifically for SEO is damaging to the internet, and I seriously doubt ARIN will accept SEO as a justification.

What exactly was the issue at hand?
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

This is to report that they still did not get back to us.

Your cancellation ticket was responded to this morning. It was assigned to management within an hour after it was received, however they were not in the office for long yesterday due to a cPanel event.

CAI-2651033

I apologize about the delay in response on this ticket. We did receive this yesterday and your concerns listed on this ticket were assigned to management who was unable to get to this ticket yesterday.

We apologize if this appeared to you that you were being ignored, however I was making sure that your concerns were heard by the appropriate level of management.

I went ahead and closed your account and issued a refund on the initial payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to appear on your credit card statement. If you need anything else, please let us know.

OK. Thank you.

As far as the support goes, I noticed you didn't post any updates when we did reply to them. SEOHosting.com up until recently has been a small operation that only a handful of people at HostGator ran as there were only a few tickets in support and sales on a daily basis. This has recently changed in the past month as we are quickly growing in popularity, so we are currently working on training and having more admins available to handle SEO Support issues 24x7.

This concern was sent to our support manager immediately after seeing your cancellation ticket and we apologize for any inconveniences with the response times on your tickets.

But still... why didn't it work for you? What made u cancel the account?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

Hope everything works out for you, I'm sure Brent over at HostGator will take care of you!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Sorry about not getting back any earlier. I see that we had PHP 5 and SSH access given, however was having problems with it. I'm sorry we weren't able to help anymore.