Custom nameservers help!

I need help about following:

I have domain name registered trough 1&1 services, and I have created two subdomains ( ns1 & ns2 ) in order to use that
    as my custom nameservers.

My hosting provider sent me two IP addresses,but I do not know
    how to set-up my private nameservers.

I assigned those IP addresses to my subdomains by changing DNS settings at my domain registrar end ( by adding A records ), but do i need to create some DNS zone file trough WHM/cPanel, so every new account I create use that NSs.

Thanks!

Officially subdomain is not nameserver.
    I read a topic similar to this before.
    People say the only way to set up private nameserver for 1&1 domain is creating subdomain pointing to dns ip.
    So i guess you need to wait 24 hours ...
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

If you have a reseller account you may want to ask your host to add your custom nameservers on the server. Or you can do that by clicking edit dns zone in your whm.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Officially subdomain is not nameserver.
    I read a topic similar to this before.
    People say the only way to set up private nameserver for 1&1 domain is creating subdomain pointing to dns ip.
    So i guess you need to wait 24 hours ...
    I think 24 hours may be a little optimistic, I normally say 'upto 72 hours'
    Even if it is less than 24 hours, it will certainly feel like 72 hours

Good Luck

Thanks!

I have created subdomains and it is pointing to dns ip that provider sent me in activation mail.

But when I change DNS setting for some domain in 1&1 panel, it shows "Domain setup error", what means that nameserver are not set-up correctly.

I think I made some mistake at my WHM and zone file.
    How to add zone file for those nameservers?

I have MX, PTR etc...records, but I have also this:

example.com. IN NS ns1.example.com.
    example.com. IN NS ns2.example.com.
    ns1.example.com. IN A 69.56.131.114
    ns2.example.com. IN A 67.19.36.196

where example.com is my domain. Is it enough?

I've never heard of actually creating a subdomain in a panel to make a nameserver...

You simply create the nameserver's "subdomain" in the DNS Zones. That may be why you are getting the error.

I'm not sure on this as I'm not familiar with 1&1, but I'd delete the subdomains and change your DNS zones just like in host011's post above.

Aren't there any options available to create 'A' records with 1&1?
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Yes, there is an option!

1. Create new subdomain
    2. Assign an IP address to it by accessing DNS section, and entering A record
    3. Confirm at the end

In WHM I have only my primary domain name, and now it uses my hosting provider`s nameservers.

I have an option "Add DNS zone file", but I do not know where to create it for custom nameservers.

There are the facts:

1. I have two subdomains at my domain registrar end, and
    assigned IP addresses to each one. I got IP addresses from my hosting provider.
    2. In WHM, I have my primary domain name, and in DNS zone file I replaced default nameservers with my own ( with subdomains above ).
    3. I returned to 1&1 panel, and changed DNS settings for my primary domain, but it shows "Domain set-up error"
    4. When I ping my new custom nameservers, I am getting:
    "Ping request could not find host ns3.********.com. Please check the name and try
    again.
    "

I've never heard of creating a subdomain for namservers, you just register them with the two ips you get from 1and1, allthough whatever drove you to use them beats me.

You dont need to do all that faffing about with a records etc, unless 1and1 have some bizzare setup

It will be painful I'm sure, but it sounds like you need to :

a. clarify to yourself what you are trying to achieve.
    b. ask 1&1 how to achieve it, or ask them to do it for you.
    c. if after a week of trying to get 1&1 to help you, your still having problems, consider moving your domain[s] elsewhere.

good luck

Creating a subodomain for a NS? If so thats odd, I've always used A Records for those.
    Host Genesis Home | Shared Hosting Plans | Reseller Hosting Plans | VPS Hosting Plans
    Use the coupon code "hbspecialdis" and receive 40% off any Yearly Paid plan! VPS Plans Do Not Count.