Backup software like r1soft. Hows Ahsay backup?

We are looking for backup software to take backup from multiple servers. We use r1soft but r1soft increased the backup agent cost is increased from $75 to $150. we are looking for some alternate to r1soft.
    Hows http://www.ahsay.com/ or any other solution like r1soft .

Thanks

Ahsay is not like r1soft - both operate totally differently.

We use both - each has its place. Ahsay is just as expensive as r1soft.

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    We are looking for backup software to take backup from multiple servers. We use r1soft but r1soft increased the backup agent cost is increased from $75 to $150. we are looking for some alternate to r1soft.
    Hows http://www.ahsay.com/ or any other solution like r1soft .

Thanks
    jolly have you spoken to your account representative about any specials?
    @mariorodriguez
    Strategic Partner Manager
    cPanel Inc.

Another alternative is storegrid http://www.vembu.com/storegrid/backup-software.html

Quote Originally Posted by Datacenter1 View Post
    Ive honestly never read anything good about them.

I'm also looking for a good customer solution.

Ahsay is quite expensive if you ask me and lowering their prices is not something that they like to do.

I ask myself comparing these prices and companies who are using this software, how can those backup prices be so low ? Even bandwidth is not calculated in my calculation.

Do you think these programs would be good for a off site remote backup service?
    Last edited by blowouthosts; 05-16-2008 at 04:06 AM. Reason: wrong thread but posted anyways :)

Quote Originally Posted by blowouthosts View Post
    Do you think these programs would be good for a off site remote backup service?
    They are designed for it.

Greetings Karl:

In what areas would you use Ahsay rather than r1soft?

In what areas would you use r1soft rather than Ahsay?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post

Kind Regards,
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I'm looking for more solutions like Ahsay. Because of the usage of Ahsay I would like to see if there are more companies that provide such software and which is easy to use.

StoreGrid does not seem to have a client for XP/Vista that is simple to use. I'm also not aware of any other product like Ahsay that is that easy to use.

Does someone has some examples for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by MarioR View Post
    jolly have you spoken to your account representative about any specials?
    Hello,
    Yes, I discussed the same on live chat but all I got was canned response. The price is hiked by company so now its $150 fixed
    If you can guide me concern person then I can contact again.

Thanks

Kind Regards,
    I am getting 50 agents, 50 ms exchange inbox, unlimited server node software for $1250. Usually its 25 agents. I don't think it's expensive at all.
    Whereas r1soft $150 per agent or $750 for 5 agents and there CDP server is free.
    Now you can calculate the cost of per agent/per server

Thanks

I am getting 50 agents, 50 ms exchange inbox, unlimited server node software for $1250. Usually its 25 agents. I don't think it's expensive at all.
    Whereas r1soft $150 per agent or $750 for 5 agents and there CDP server is free.
    Now you can calculate the cost of per agent/per server

Thanks
    It is not very cheap if you compare the buy price against the prices where the companies who bought it are providing their service for.

I mean, each license costs about 50 dollar, where accounts are sold for about 10 dollar per month for a couple of GB per month and than even bandwidth and Hardware is not calculated I think and bandwidth is unlimited too.

At the other side, I understood that we way Ahsay handles backups, their support and other stuff are not that good also.

That is not something you want in such business I guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzz View Post
    It is not very cheap if you compare the buy price against the prices where the companies who bought it are providing their service for.

I mean, each license costs about 50 dollar, where accounts are sold for about 10 dollar per month for a couple of GB per month and than even bandwidth and Hardware is not calculated I think and bandwidth is unlimited too.

At the other side, I understood that we way Ahsay handles backups, their support and other stuff are not that good also.

That is not something you want in such business I guess ?
    Depends on business model.. We need for internal use not to sell backup solutions to public.

Depends on business model.. We need for internal use not to sell backup solutions to public.

Understood, but I think you also have seen the pricing of companies that sell this as a service.

The pricing is just impossible if you ask me, even overselling is not doable.

I don't think it's so bad for Ahsay if you are selling it as a service to endusers or other small hosting companies. Every end user I have ever sold the Ahsay package to loves it. Compared to every other service I sell; online backups are the easiest to sell and administer from a hosting provider point of view.

An Update:

We had the magic number issue again - we now are using with 2 servers and it appears that both are affected as they are sharing the same storage pool. We submitted a request via their support form this morning. Will keep the thread updated.

An Update:

We had the magic number issue again - we now are using with 2 servers and it appears that both are affected as they are sharing the same storage pool. We submitted a request via their support form this morning. Will keep the thread updated.
    Thanks Karl, I will be sure to alert the R1Soft Support team about this as well.
    @mariorodriguez
    Strategic Partner Manager
    cPanel Inc.

It turns out this error was different. I think we have it addressed, though the root-cause appears to be an issue with the software, more specifically, a memory leak.

We are waiting for a client to confirm file restoration is working as expected, but it looks like the CDP server process eats itself into [memory]oblivion over the course of several weeks. A simple restart of the CDP server and we are able to do restores on the DiskSafe.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Regards,

I was wondering where does bacula stands in the backup scenario.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Update:

Just got an automated reply from r1soft regarding my support request.