Looking For Dedicated Server To Hold RPG, Will Split Revenue Rather Than Dir. Payment

Hello.

I am searching for an individual who will provide a dedicated server for an Online RPG. However, rather than direct payment (such as $209/monthly), you would recieve all advertisement revenue & 25%/50% account upgrade revenue. You would not have to worry about stealing, as I would not have access to your AdSense account (yes, we would use Google AdSense). Well, I would like it if I did have access to it to have an idea of the revenue earnings and such, however, I do not require that.

I obtained roughly $5.50 per day from advertisement earnings, even though the site is down (the site has a message displaying why the site is down [of course, due to server issues], and an advertisement at the top). With the site down, it makes $4.00-$7.00 daily, and with it up, it would make more. Therefore, you would make $200.00 to $300.00 monthly (and that amount would go up, as the site grows). I would wait to recieve all of the money earned, however, it will take awhile for me to recieve it. The longer the site is down, the more money lost, and more users dissappointed.

Also, whenever I can create "account upgrades" (the site has to be finished first of all), you will gain 25% or 50% of the earnings from that, as well.

Anyway, as for the server aspects, I will require:

-> 6-16 GB RAM (because of SQL queries)
    -> cPanel
    -> FTP, PHPMyAdmin (should come with cPanel)
    -> Atleast 20 GB Space

If this is too much, I can reduce slightly.

The reason I'm doing this is because I can not afford a server at the moment, and therefore I can not create revenue from my site to pay for one.

Currently, the site recieves 60,000 to 10,000,000 page views per day, has nearly 10,000 users, and has been around for roughly two months.

In addition, you must be online frequently (for support and stuff).

I know this is long, so if you read it all, thanks!
    Last edited by Cless; 05-15-2008 at 02:03 PM.

You may be able to find a company that will do exactly what you are looking for, but you may also want to consider another option. There are companies who will do a variation on what you suggest. They will drastically reduce the price of the server and reduce the percentage that they would take of the ad revenue that you get. There are companies that are willing to do this as well as possibly offer you more deals or even free things, such as management.

Hm, the problem is: I have no idea where I could locate such a company. I have tried Google, however it has not fetched any valid results as of yet.

The thing is right now with that setup and management, you cant have it for under 400$.

Also, what happens when your site established well. Would you still let them put their adsense there or you kick them out and put your own( it makes more money now)

So my opinion is, not many people would interested in a deal like this.

So my suggestion is get a low end server and start your own. Maybe get a loan from your Parent, relatives...

Quote Originally Posted by cheaptraffic View Post
    The thing is right now with that setup and management, you cant have it for under 400$.

Also, what happens when your site established well. Would you still let them put their adsense there or you kick them out and put your own( it makes more money now)

So my opinion is, not many people would interested in a deal like this.

So my suggestion is get a low end server and start your own. Maybe get a loan from your Parent, relatives...
    Very good point. However, I am not too interested in the money, but rather the satisfaction of my users. If I am ever in need of a minor amount of cash, the administrator and I could work it out.

Also, I can not ask for money from my parents, as we are in poverty. I can ask for slight amounts, however that amount will not do good enough for a server, typically.