Question what is the best hosting offer under $4 and ... ?

Hi.. what is the best offer you know with:

. Low budget (at most $4)
    . No Long-Term Contract Required (monthly payments)
    . At least 10 MYSQL DB
    . At least 10 GB space
    . At least 100 GB monthly transfer
    . No serious problems at intodns.com test

10GB Storage, 100GB of Transfer for >$4

Your going to find the list of hosts become very narrow if you add that alongside reliability.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

10GB Storage, 100GB of Transfer for >$4

Your going to find the list of hosts become very narrow if you add that alongside reliability.
    ok let's add reliability, can you share that list ?

Quote Originally Posted by egyshop View Post
    ok let's add reliability, can you share that list ?
    The point he's making is that your demands are already completely unreasonable.

well ... what do you think about www.godevs.com ?
    they are a godaddy reseller

search about godaddy and you'll realized how good their servers are.
    You wont find a reliable host with that budget
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

but godaddy won't let me pay month by month like godevs will.. this is not good for me

There are plenty of hosts out there.

Are you sure you need all that bandwidth and storage space? Why not start off with something moderate and scale up when the time is needed.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.

but godaddy won't let me pay month by month like godevs will.. this is not good for me
    You missed his point too. You don't want to go with godaddy or a godaddy reseller, because their servers are frequently overloaded and their speeds are less than great.

You either need to raise your budget or lower your requirements.

Geez, peoples requests are getting ridiculous.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Geez, peoples requests are getting ridiculous.
    Requesting under $4 hosting will likely become the norm soon enough. Once most of the budget hosts (of a decent size) will go unlimited, prices will probably start dropping. Once that happens, the perception among the average consumers will be that hosting must be under $5. Even today, the OP's requirements, compared to what many hosts offer, may seem quite reasonable.

It's always an interesting exercise to imagine becoming a host, getting a server, and setting up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Requesting under $4 hosting will likely become the norm soon enough. Once most of the budget hosts (of a decent size) will go unlimited, prices will probably start dropping. Once that happens, the perception among the average consumers will be that hosting must be under $5. Even today, the OP's requirements, compared to what many hosts offer, may seem quite reasonable.

It's always an interesting exercise to imagine becoming a host, getting a server, and setting up prices.
    The only issue with this is that most companies who do this often cannnot meet margins or servers are way overcrowded resulting in slower speeds/server issues.

I just don't think its a wise business plan to keep lying to the general public that all hosts should be able to achieve what the market is expecting.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ephasenetworks View Post
    The only issue with this is that most companies who do this often cannnot meet margins or servers are way overcrowded resulting in slower speeds/server issues.

I just don't think its a wise business plan to keep lying to the general public that all hosts should be able to achieve what the market is expecting.
    In order to make a profit, you would have to cram users on a server like sardines. Not saying it's not being done already..

I agree with ldcdc, there is many webhosting offering this like godaddy and 1&1

I agree with ldcdc, there is many webhosting offering this like godaddy and 1&1
    Yes both companies offer it, and both companies have horrible reputations following them.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    In order to make a profit, you would have to cram users on a server like sardines. Not saying it's not being done already..
    Exactly my point. Once servers get overcrowded, they become unresponsive/sluggish which shouldn't be as you are paying for a service that should be stable and speedy.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ephasenetworks View Post
    Exactly my point. Once servers get overcrowded, they become unresponsive/sluggish which shouldn't be as you are paying for a service that should be stable and speedy.
    I agree that you are paying for service, but it's unrealistic to expect decent service at the cost of a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    I agree that you are paying for service, but it's unrealistic to expect decent service at the cost of a cup of coffee.
    But as usual, economies of scale play a role. I wouldn't expect to be able to get from my ISP a (far from perfect but still rather useable) 1.5/160 connection for <6 US$/mo (gotta pay the telco more than that in addition, but that's what the ISP gets). Nor would I expect to get 1GB of Flash storage for 5$, etc.

But it definitely would be nice if web hosters started listing real prices or real services, instead of flaunting 5TB/month traffic and 750GB storage for 0.99. Rigth now all the noise makes it overly difficult to find a good host.