Alternative Anti-Spam Provider than Postini

We have been a Postini reseller for several years however we would like to find an alternative provider. I would appreciate any feed backs.

You could check into InboxButler.com, I don't know much about 'em, but its a nice system.
    www.CanisHosting.com, Shared, Reseller, & VPS

I'd like to know why you're looking for something else? We were considering Postini recently.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

We have been using and reselling Katharion, katharion.com, filtering services for a few years now and have been extremely pleased with their solution, technical assistance and rates.
    Cory Goleman
    Goleman Networks, Inc.
    www.golemannetworks.com
    888-513-7257

Since Google bought Postini they very much are offering the services under our cost directly to end users. We have been playing this unfair battle for a while.

It also seems like people using Postini are being targeted for Joe Jobs. Just a very anecdotal observation, but we manage several hundred domains for a customer that all use Postini and a large percentage of them have been Joe Jobbed in the past 2 weeks (15-20% have actually complained ...)
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I can tell you which company NOT to use. SpamExperts saw my post here and, guess what, SPAMMED ME. The worst part is, when I called them on it...they had the typical spammer response which was basically that its technically not spam because I posted a question here about spam software.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

We're using MailFoundry and haven't looked back since. Give them a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds View Post
    It also seems like people using Postini are being targeted for Joe Jobs. Just a very anecdotal observation, but we manage several hundred domains for a customer that all use Postini and a large percentage of them have been Joe Jobbed in the past 2 weeks (15-20% have actually complained ...)
    We've had a surge in our customers (all on Postini) that got joe jobbed over the past two weeks as well.

FYI - Although I've always used the term 'joe job', evidently the new term is now "backscatter" (joe job would be a deliberate attack targeting an individual, backscatter being the random spammer variety)

Quote Originally Posted by Mishi View Post
    Since Google bought Postini they very much are offering the services under our cost directly to end users. We have been playing this unfair battle for a while.
    Yes, this is a problem. I called our rep about the 'direct to retail' pricing offered by Google and more or less just got blown off. Not sure what to think...

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    I can tell you which company NOT to use. SpamExperts saw my post here and, guess what, SPAMMED ME. The worst part is, when I called them on it...they had the typical spammer response which was basically that its technically not spam because I posted a question here about spam software.

--Tina
    Sounds like a well suited name for the company

That's a really lame excuse from SpamExperts and fortunately would not protect them if someone pushed the matter.

Is MailFoundry only available as an appliance or is there a service you can sign up for?

I know why you are dropping Postini. Just the same reason im dropping them as well. Its true. Google is offering Postini service for a lower price then Postini Resellers. And actually they offer it for free (light version) with Gmail. Each Gmail user is using Postini actually. And with Google Apps you can get Postini for the same price you get as a Reseller. Google basically stabbed their Resellers in the back. Thats one of the reason i also have ended all my Google Ads on Adwords. Google wants the service market. And hosting companies will the first affected. They starting slow but eventually Google will offer domains and hosting too.
    So im not feeding the guys that will eventually leave us all out of business. Im sure allot of email hosting providers already closed because google apps letting people use their domain with Gmail for free. Basically all people use this to get rid of spam (Postini) leaving email hosting providers out of business.

The solution im looking now is Mailfoundry. I have heard really good things about them. You buy an appliance and you are off to sell antispam services. Sadly its not multilanguage like Postini. As for Postini the service was really good until Google acquired it.
    Basically since this year its not filtering so good anymore. Its also false tagging emails like hell since 2 months or so. And i know the reason. They actually have the problem of one mails hash is another ones spam. Since they are now filtering mail for all Gmail users, spammers are targeting Gmail very hard, and since they actually can bypass Gmail they automatically bypass any Postini user as well. Probably its the same antispam database. So eventually Postini will be a mess, its starting to real bad, it gets worst by each week specially since Google its offering. Im not sure if that is coincidence but we are going to try Mailfoundy next week or so and see how it goes.
    Like i said before, i heard good things about them specially that they dont tag real emails as spam. Thats important since with Postini i basically have to log in each day and unmark messages.
    I knew the minute Google bough Postini they did that for their own use with Gmail. I was so true. Google basically killed Postini as corporate Anti Spam service, they target directly to end users now and for something like 3$ a year per inbox.
    With mailfoundry you will not have that problem since you host the service. Its actually better to own the hardware. Even if Mailfoundry targets users directly you will still own your box and be able to configure it for your clients.

Postini

Gmail does not have a "light version" of Postini, if so, show me where. Postini always sold direct to business accounts, but there were minimums and actual resellers/distributors would get the referrals when these minimum were not met.

The end user of the $3 Message Filtering service pays additional for the support they may need and Google as did Postini, does not help you change your MX, setup your mail server, or hand hold you through the setup process. If the $3 customer wants phone support, it takes minimum $1500 annual purchase and an additional annual support fee of $450, to get a phone number. How would you support a $3 customer otherwise?

We gladly support these $3 customers and others, for a fee of course!

I'll toss in another vote for MailFoundry!

We have been using MailFoundry's appliance for several years now and have been extremely pleased and our customers seem to be as well. I used Postini in the past and found it more trouble than it was worth.

<<Signature to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-04-2008 at 07:15 PM.

This one is fairly new

I know this thread is really old but I wanted to cast a vote for SpamHero.com. They're cheap and my clients are happy with the performance.