Rude Customer Support... Grr..

Just sharing my experience..

I had a problem with refilling my account with a registrar, I paid thru paypal and they did not accept it, though I was charged.

I made a followup with them and this guy said the accounts department will get back to me..

As expected from there great service, they didnt reply..

After more than a day I followed them up already agitated.. since this problem had been on and off for months now..

He said its the weekend, accounts dept will look into it on monday morning...

Time went by and I sent another message around tuesday, I asked them.. "and what day is it now exactly?"

after another 24 hours, I sent another message if any support is to be expected at all in there crappy service..

after another whole day, this guy in support replied "its a wednesday".

Grrr,, What a damn sarcastic support. Not only are they totally unhelpful, but downright rude!

Just because they are big they treat customers with contempt...

Better save up and move all my domains out...

I just pray they get what they deserve someday..

It's been my experience that being rude or sarcastic to support staff puts your support in the garbage. Or even worse, your account canceled. Be nice. However hard it may be at times.
    Signature Under Construction.

So in other words, event hough we are the paying customer and they are not doing there job, we have to be at there mercy and act like a puppy.

Being in power truly is convenient, and to be weak is a sin..

Thank you for that reminder.. The dark sides of the web hosting business..

Hehe, they have a sense of humor :-)

Yeah, just move on... they don't deserve your business.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

When:

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    this guy in support replied "its a wednesday".
    He was probably answering your question:

"and what day is it now exactly?"
    When you sent that message around Tuesday, was that question above the only thing asked? Because if it was, then you got the answer only to that question and nothing more.

Is this regarding your other thread?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=679221

I'm sorry to see you're having problems that shouldn't have to happen.

As you've eventually experienced, asking a question that's arguably not relevant your issue (especially if you're really venting) did more harm than desired good. That rep simply answered your question while you took it badly, even though it's understandable.

Only thing I can say is either keep at it or transfer your remaining domain names away, as you've indicated. You have the final decision on how to approach this.

Now when you said:

So in other words, event hough we are the paying customer and they are not doing there job, we have to be at there mercy and act like a puppy.
    It's not necessarily "at their mercy" as you said, but more like showing respect, even if you don't feel like it and if others are being rude or sarcastic to you. If you treat certain people in a certain way, there's a strong chance they'll treat you back that same way as well.

Off-topic, but I had a gut feeling WM and NF would be in a possible IM sequel when Rhodes saw the gray suit and one of the agents said shield. If IM did well commercially, why not make another one?

Point taken.. really sorry for ranting here.. but things have been going from bad to worst in every aspect of my life as of late.. this just doesnt help...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post

Off-topic, but I had a gut feeling WM and NF would be in a possible IM sequel when Rhodes saw the gray suit and one of the agents said shield. If IM did well commercially, why not make another one?
    There is a sequel for IM.. they are just 'negotiating' the salary of Mr. Downey.. since its obvious he is irreplaceable at the moment..

that was a pretty funny sequence of conversations. rude customer service is one of the biggest business killers though.

Is it about enom ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinzeeteam View Post
    rude customer service is one of the biggest business killers though.
    Agreed. While perception has been considered everything, sometimes they're not always seemingly obvious.

Heck, I've had my share of trying to be polite and unswearing yet honest to certain people's queries. Yet, some thought I was being rude to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Is it about enom ?
    Yup. I linked to his thread about it.

Scout, I just remembered this member who might still be with eNom:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=153716

Hope things work out for you somehow.

Well, I have decided to move my accounts to namecheap.com. That where I really used to be before I moved to enom.com. Enom is really cheap, I can get 7.99 per domains. But since payment refill is a problem and support aint helping much, might as well pack my bags slowly and leave.

I was very glad to hear that namecheap will be going solo soon as well.