New and need help

Hello all

I am new to hosting and need help. I have been all around the web looking for 3 or 4 good hosts to use. Thank god I found this site and realized that most of those top 10/20 sites I had been looking at are fixed. I just started doing freelance web design. After reading many posts, searching this site and going to the hosting companies site, I came up with four that I am looking at using. Can anyone here comment on if this sound like a good plan. Keep in mind, that I am also looking for a host with decent preinstalled script, so if anyone has used them, please comment. Here is the four....

Myacen
    Site5
    Hosting Matters
    Future Quest

Also was considering....
    OLM/Webaxxs
    Pair
    MediaTemple
    Dot5Hosting
    F5Hosting
    Tera-Byte

Do you think that sounds good or should I move a couple around?

Thanks (love the site and will definitely be back)

BTW, if I am on the wrong board, I am sorry and please point me in the right direction

Thumbs up

Just about all the hosts you've mentioned have strong reputations.

I would highly recommend Site5, having been with them in the past. Operations run smoothly and their staff are very well organized and professional.

i would recommend Future Quest...plus Dot5 would do good too. They have superior support as far as i have read in these forums..

Peinstalled Scripts

I was strongly looking at dot5 but I could not find any information on them having preinstalled scripts. Do you know if they do or not?

Better ask Dot5..Their support is real Fast

May I suggest Venturesonline.com?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Although this company is not on your list, I would recommend Dynasty Host. They have approximately ten auto-install scripts such as Invision Board, a chat-room and PostNuke.

My time with them was mostly positive, except for a small incident.

Link: www.DynastyHost.com

I've heard good things about Dot5Hosting, just to let you know.

Just another note on Site5, they offer PHP-Autoinstaller, which installs such scripts as PHPNuke, PHPBB, etc...

Originally posted by Jedito
    May I suggest Venturesonline.com?
    I would also recommend Ventures Online, as well as Site5 and dot5