Crissic is [bad]. need reliable alternatives

First: Of course Crissic had some advantages as well, they were always nice, they let you do a lot, have a nice client area and so on. In fact, Crissic would be very good, they just need to change their servers or server provider to more reliable things.

I need a reliable hosting that servers doesnt have problems all day. I need to resell stuff and I need online websites to do that, as well as I need online websites to gain money from affiliate networks. Crissic cannot fulfill this, in less than 2 weeks since I am customer there were a lot of downtimes ranging from minutes to hours, there were hardware failures including an 7 days old backup (at least with 15% redeem), somehow an domain couldnt connect at all (I guess some nameserver or DNS error?) and now after I was awake and checked my websites the server does not seem to handle sessions anymore and produces errors on a few of my websites. This hosting ruins all my business and I cannot keep them doing that!

I am searching for reliable alternatives now but with a cheap price and good specifications like Crissic had. Here is exactly what I need:

* Reliable Hosting, NO Downtimes every day. NO Downtimes every 2nd day as well.
    * Minimum Diskspace: 3 GB
    * Minimum Traffic: 30+ GB
    * UNLIMITED Add-On Domains. DNS entrys should be automatic and it MUST be free, had some hosters before that provided unlimited add-on domains but they charged 1$ for each add-on domain then.
    * Unlimited FTP-Accounts
    * 200+ subdomains
    * 200+ e-mail accounts
    * PHP4 / 5 + MySQL and GD Library
    * Cron-Jobs
    * ALL CPanel Functions like on Crissic (at least as much as possible, I need it)
    * Price Range between 5-10$, but there should be better hosting packages available for 10-20$ - WITH Upgrade possibility
    * No Contract, I do not want to get stuck for 24 month with an hoster
    * Good Support is required!
    * PayPal Payment possible
    * Audio/Video + Flash/Shockwave support and/or if I have additional requirements like for an video hosting script, the hoster should be able to install it and not charge more than 5$ for it
    * Money-back guarantee would be great since I do not want to be disappointed by hosters that promises everything but keep nothing
    * DAILY Backups

I think this is all. Who can fulfill these requirements or most of them? Give me RELIABLE alternatives, please.

I'm not sure that you will get many responses here, you should check the shared hosting offers section and do your best to match up the offers to your requirements and then post questions here (after searching for reviews and references)

Sorry not to be very helpful, but this is about all I can tell you.

Hello. Well, I was hoping you guys can recommend something directly. I prefered to give information what I need and see if anyone can really recommend an good hoster that comes close to it instead of wasting my and others peoples time by long research and starting dozens of threads about certain offers I'm unsure about or could not find reviews to.

I hope you can understand this, it's not that I'm lazy. In fact I spent around a week of my life on google to finally find out about Crissic but found no reviews so I used the live support a lot to try to make sure they suit (didn't know there are forums like this one). I was just trying to make it less complicated for everyone on this forum.

But I will still have a look to the section you mentioned, thank you.

It's not that we don't want to help you, it's that most people on this forum are indeed hosts, and thus are bound by the rules of the forum and not able to respond to such a thread due to knowing quite a bit about themselves and not very much about everybody else out there.

There may be some exceptions, but I don't think many hosts her would risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    It's not that we don't want to help you, it's that most people on this forum are indeed hosts, and thus are bound by the rules of the forum and not able to respond to such a thread due to knowing quite a bit about themselves and not very much about everybody else out there.

There may be some exceptions, but I don't think many hosts her would risk it.
    Exactly. A good majority of the forum are all hosting companies who cannot offer their own services. Hence, you should go check out the Offers section, take a list, then ask here about the companies.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

Im sure you will find plenty of hosts that will be able to do this for you . Remember though if you dont see what you are looking for on there site drop them a email as they should be able to work somthing out for you
    Last edited by bear; 05-14-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Hello Matey you can Find Many Hosts but Top of them Are:
    SteadFast.net (Litespeed)
    Jaguarpc : A big company
    https://my.ichidesk.com (A member Here try to Pm Him , he can help you)

you can check the Hosting offers section and you'll Find your request . Good luck

JaguarPC has an employee that browses these forums as well.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

@MikeDVB , yeah lol sorry , i was confused between steadfast & Jaguarpc but after some research i prefered steadfast.net but the ownser Karl seems unfriendly :p but his service is excellent

As does steadfast
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post
    @MikeDVB , yeah lol sorry , i was confused between steadfast & Jaguarpc but after some research i prefered steadfast.net but the ownser Karl seems unfriendly :p but his service is excellent
    I say things how they are. I'm not going to sugar-coat things, though I do like my smileys. :-)
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post
    steadfast.net but the ownser Karl seems unfriendly
    /me prepares bunny army to take care of that issue

Expected launch/attack date set to 25,May,2020

U better be there Karl else it will be even worse !!

@Op you want "eberytheng" for likes $5-10 , i mean unlimited addons, yikes thats an overkill, personally it won't be feasible unless you wish to go with unreliable host. And do you really need like unlimited addon domains thing ???

Thank you all for your quick responses, I will check the hosts in that small list soon

@Energizer: It doesnt necessary need to be unlimited add-on domains. Right now I have 14 domains with projects and 9 yet-parked domains. The numbers still growing. So, 50-100 Add-On Domains should work out a while as well. Its more important to me that the hoster does not charge anything extra to setup an add-on domain / to make the DNS entry for it. Before Crissic I had an hoster that charged me 1$ a month per domain extra just to be able to point the domain to their servers.

About pricing I don't know where to set the pricings on an truly reliable host with my requirements or close to those, but I can spend 20$ a month maximum.

Question?

Why do you need to have a add on domain to do a redirect? You should just redirect straight from the place where you have bought your domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorhost View Post
    Question?

Why do you need to have a add on domain to do a redirect? You should just redirect straight from the place where you have bought your domain name.
    Its called doing SEO redirect, for SEO purposes, which cannot be done straight from domain provider.

cheers

Audio/Video + Flash/Shockwave support and/or if I have additional requirements like for an video hosting script, the hoster should be able to install it and not charge more than 5$ for it
    So are you audios and videos legal?
    What do you do with them? Streamying, downloads, etc?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

@warriorhost: Exactly as Energizer said its for SEO and SEO is pretty important these days. An Add-On Domain + the usage of mod_rewrite is for both your visitors and for search engines a pretty nice thing

@JLHC: Yes, the movies would be legal. The uploaders produced the videos by themselfs and got the copyright on it. There is also an support line to handle reports on copyright issues. It will stream and if the uploader wishes the movie is downloadable as well.

That Video specification is for future interest, this site is still in production but it would be nice if the host supports it already so that I may upgrade my package for more Space and Traffic and just start the website anytime.

----

I looked up the list of Red_wolf6.

Jaguarpc - Looked great at the first moment, but then I noticed "unlimited diskspace" and "endless diskspace". I don't really trust this. That way on this host the reseller stuff is of more interest to me but I need to look up further reviews first.

ichidesk - Expensive VPS Servers are out of interest yet because I cannot afford it. I tried looking up the web hosting packages, but the page belonging to it is down. Will check later again.

steadfast - Goes more expensive than the usual ones, but after reading reviews they seem to be an excellent host. This one made it into further choice.

Thanks so far guys