Allowing replies in the shared hosting forum

Is it just me or is it pissing everyone off that someone usually newbies will come along post there offer and some little smartass like Timmy who should be the last person in the world to judge someone comes along and says some smartass comment about the offer.. Even though they know the person is prob running of a reseller plan or does dont want to oversell like they do so that IF customer were to use the alloted bandwidth/space they would not be up ****s creek. I have seen this happen several times just this week and I think it is very iggnorant. It makes it so someone who is just starting out or someone whom's offer might be slightly high no chance at all to make a new customer as they get lost in the endless garbage in the post. Here are two examples of what I mean.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=69134

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=69073

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=68794

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=68778

And those are only from a couple days.. I seriously think it would be a great idea to put a sticky at the top of the forum saying if you have question either PM or Email the user, Whoever runs the show around here ie: HS and the mods should talk about this as it was alot better place for the brief time it was no-replies.

Agreed 100%

Agreed 95%.

The only 5% I have a problem with is for clarifications that could be useful to someone else. With that said, I'd rather error on having no posts that letting some wise ass post.

Originally posted by pgrote
    Agreed 95%.

The only 5% I have a problem with is for clarifications that could be useful to someone else. With that said, I'd rather error on having no posts that letting some wise ass post.
    Thats why I was thinking maybe putting a stickey to email or PM the user making the shared offer.. Hopefully one of them will notice this thread and comment on it..

Re: Allowing replies in the shared hosting forum

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Here are two examples of what I mean.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=69134
    Thisthread tossed as this was made by a dual username which is not permitted. I see what you mean about one of the replies, however I'm not sure it matters anymore as the thread has been tossed.
    While it was OT, it wasn't untruthful, and the question was addressed by the thread starter.
    This is an example of something that seems to happen too often. The replies are suggestions/comments on the offer. This also happens when people post templates for sale. Instead of offers, they get an unsolicited web site 'review', which wasn't the point of the thread. Constructive criticism is always a good thing, just not always a good thing in an ad thread. These comments should be PM'ed or emailed directly to the thread starter, instead of being posted in the actual ad thread IMHO.

Can we get people to change? Well... not easily. The ad forums are there as a bonus, a way to let members directly discuss the services they, or another member, offers. This is the only place that this can take place. As I said though, unless they are asking for suggestions/comments, it would be better if you PM'ed or emailed suggestions/comments directly to the thread starter.
    Again, another example of something that should have been PM'ed or emailed directly to the thread starter and not posted. Before, I was speaking about regular members, but if you are a competitor, you should certainly have a bit more class and sent your comments/suggestions (if you want to call them that), directly. No ifs ands, or buts. It is just piss-poor buinsess practices to negatively comment on a competitor's offer (post has been removed).

Overall, simple common sense goes a long way. I think someone once said, "There's so little common sense, I wonder why it is called 'common' ..." -something like that. It certainly applies here. If you are a competitor (or even just a regular member), it is just common sense to keep OT suggestions or comments out of the thread. You'd wish that others would do this for you, so start doing it for others.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Thanks chicken for interfering.

Ok, I fell asleep reading the response. Did he say no?

I think he said he was on vacation.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Vacation? whats that?

i was reading that about the meemsites hacked, what a bunch of immature kids they sounded like , "ohh what happened?" "did you get hacked"?".
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

----
    .. but if you are a competitor, you should certainly have a bit more class and sent your comments/suggestions (if you want to call them that), directly. No ifs ands, or buts. It is just piss-poor buinsess practices to negatively comment on a competitor's offer (post has been removed).
    ---

Chicken

Not only is this an accurate statement, most of the posts here also suggest to do a search for the user name or website name.

Well guess what pops up 90% of the time are the dumbas$ comments in posts.

And these guys wonder why they can't get more customers?
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment